Corsair Community

K40 and Linux

bennyPerth

I've written a program in Qt/C++ that will change the k40 backlight colours. It will pop up a colour wheel dialogue where a colour can be selected. It also has shortcut buttons for favourite colours. There are more features, like pulsing, but this is a work in progress and not really sure where I'm going with it. The original purpose was only to be able to change the current keyboard colour as I couldn't find any Linux support to change it from the default 'cherry' red. The code is based on k4-set-colour by Clément Vuchener. The source is at https://github.com/bennyPerth/Corsair-K40-colours. It requires Qt to compile and run it. There is an executabe in the build folder.

The program will only work in supervisor mode as it requires write access to the USB device nodes.

• 1 year later...

Hey!

I'm relative new to Linux and I'm currently using Linux mint.

As the title says I have no clue how to get it working. I can open the program but it wont recognize my K40 and if I click anything inside the program it closes down. I've put it as root. Now i have no clue . Ask me if you want to know anything else and I'l try my best to answer it.

Thanks

Archived