Corsair Community

M65 RGB Elite, Left click issues

Ok this fix will sound weird but fixed the left click issues for me completely.

I've replaced the M65 firmware multiple times from a support ticket, reset the mouse, changed between USB2 and 3 ports regularly. Some of these seemed to work for a few minutes and was back where I started. Gaming and doing graphic design was impossible. I did the fix below over a month ago now and it's been perfect.

Fix: It's not the electronics, it's that thumb panel (left hand side of the mouse)

If you wiggle it you will see there's some play in it. I found that panel was pushing down just enough to lift the sensor off the pad making the left click hit and miss unless you push down with some pressure.

I took a piece of sandpaper and sanded the bottom ledge of this panel (under the mouse) It's like a carbon material so sands very well, just don't get the black dust in your sensor cavity. This makes for better clearance and solved all clicking issues I had with the LMB.

Hope this helps someone with their problem.

M65 Pro RGB, started acting up yesterday. Left clicking now requires a much firmer click on my part than it used to, otherwise it won't register or act strangely.

Example: dragging a window and it just releases it on its own part way through the operation, even though I didn't change my grip.

Very annoying, I paid more for a better mouse expecting that these sort of issues wouldn't be a problem. The mouse isn't that old, it shouldn't be doing this.

Corsair, please can you help? What should I do?

PS: As long as I'm already here, the scroll wheel started squeaking when used a couple of months back. I don't know why, it just started. I just thought that I'd bear it, since it's not a big issue, and I use headphones usually, but still, if I'm already going to ask about problems the mouse is having, I might as well bring it up too.

Edited by ttrt1

So, tried different firmware, different software, no software etc... Issue is hardware.

This is the 3rd M65 elite I've had in a year that has failed this way. No I don't have time to be without a mouse as you process an RMA. Just build a product that actually works.

I use a very light touch with my mouse, so it isn't from pressing the button too hard. This makes this specific issue doubly annoying as I have to teach myself to press harder than necessary to get an audible click.

Something tells me the interface of the mouse button that contacts the switch isn't wide enough to depress the whole bar of the omron switch. If I press the right side of the omron switch, I get a click without registering a button press. If I press the left side, it works correctly. It's an engineering fault with the interface of the mouse button, it needs to have a wider contact surface on the switch, which will help it last longer as the switch wears. I'm sure with some super glue and plastic shavings I could correct the issue but this is ridiculous. The contact surface on the underside of the mouse button that actually depresses the bar on the omron switch is about 2-3mm wide. If they'd make that contact surface at least as wide as the entire bar on the omron switch, this issue would go away.

Edited by Tombs

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having the same problem, have to left click many times to have it register on any thing I click on. I have the M65 RGB Elite in white, I've had for 6 months. Here's my info, W10 1909 (did the same with 1903), Firmware 3.24, Icue software 3.22.74 (it was doing the same with last one too). Any HELP would be great, going to try a other Corsair mouse how...Ill post back with the up date.b

• 5 weeks later...
Hi there, i bougth the m65 elite in 07/09/2019, design of the mouse, color movement, sensibility, g man the metal parts, i love all about this mouse, i love it so much that am gona have a hard time to choose my next 1, why am i changing it?! well last year i bougth the corsair keyboard K68, and in september the mouse m65, the space on k68 doesn't register some times, my left-click on m65 doesn't register either (unless u use a bit more pressure), sense on the foruns i read that this migth be a firmware problem i sugest the devs to take a serius look (and i did updated just not sure if the problem came from there). this is my 1º try using corsair products but am guessing this will be the last :( for higher pricing hardware this shoudn't happen!! luckaly i will get my mouse refunded just not sure yet about my keyboard but i probably won't sense i lost the recipt still both products have less then a year and they last way way way... less then the sheapest of hardware how is this possible?! if anyone as the older firmware (factory firmware), plz do share a link so i can test if this is the problem, am kinda angry but mostly disapointed :(:[pouts: PS: if some how i get the firmware and it works will repost the results so others can be aware! Edited by nebakanezzar

• 2 weeks later...

*So I got it to subside for now with Surface Calibration, once I did this the clicking stopped and I can highlight again. Hopefully it was just a fluke I love this mouse.

Yeah, mine is now doing it. Thought I had something under the button, but now it won't highlight things correctly - clicks when I don't want it to - double clicks. I need to be working in Photoshop and remotely with another PC this is damaging my workflow, I don't have the damn money to go get a new mouse today...

Edited by MarvinV

Same here.

Mouse was working perfectly util about 4 days ago. Then it started not registering the left click. I sometimes would hear the clicking sound, but nothing would happen.

I have tried almost everything mentioned in the threads in this forum, but I'm not going to risk opening it up.

It's a shame because I love how the mouse feels, but this makes it borderline unusable. :[pouts:

Guess I'll contact my supplier and see if he can get in touch with Corsair about the issue.

I was having some random issues around the left click on m65 rgb elite. First it was registering phantom left clicks causing me all sorts of grief in games. I uninstalled the iCue and downloaded a newer update from the Corsair website.

Once the original issue went away, ive been left with the mouse not registering left clicks frequently. Has anyone made any head way on this issue?

Ok, so after it happening more than once and "fixing it" it has to do with Surface Calibration. As soon as I re-cal it picks up fine and lets me highlight and click properly again.

Is there an Auto-Interval re-calibration @Corsair that iCue performs?

I've not had this issue up until the latest versions of it, so did something change with how the drivers react to the sensors?

I contacted Corsair about this issue (mouse would make audible "click", but no click was registered on the screen), and they gave me a firmware file to replace on my mouse. I just installed it and haven't experienced the issue in the past few minutes. Before, it would happen almost every other click.

Update: The issue seems to slowly be returning :(

Edited by nctowle

It's disappointing that this issue seems to be old, and I don't see any fixes in this forum.

I just bought an M65 RGB Elite in November. I like the mouse, but 4 days ago I noticed the left mouse button only works intermittently. I can hear the click, but nothing happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Count me in my M65 Elite start doing it yesterday. First i thought i just click wrong because in game it doesnt pick up items. I heard the click but it doesnt register it. Today it even start to double click every once in a while. It doesnt seem to be different if i press harder or softer it is just randomly not register my click or the opposite where it register 2 rapid clicks where i only make one.

Mouse is arround 6 month old.

• 3 weeks later...
It's either a hardware issue or a driver issue. If it's iCUE, doing this will correct it: https://support.corsair.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/77/kw/clean

If that doesn't work, create a ticket and we can look into replacing the mouse.

My Corsair M65 is having issues in-game with left click at times. I very much utilize the DPI-lowering sniper thumb button every time I ADS (for accuracy), which I feel is a contributing factor, as even with my 2nd (same mouse, but barely used) has the same issue. Could this be an issue with iCUE software toggling my DPI to often and causing bugs? Almost every time when I re-spawn the issue goes away until another random moment when I need to shoot. It also sometimes sticks right click (ADS), as well as left click (Shooting). It's grown to be my favorite mouse I've ever used, but it does get me killed at times.

Edited by DaveDuzzit

My Corsair M65 is having issues in-game with left click at times. I very much utilize the DPI-lowering sniper thumb button every time I ADS (for accuracy), which I feel is a contributing factor, as even with my 2nd (same mouse, but barely used) has the same issue. Could this be an issue with iCUE software toggling my DPI to often and causing bugs? Almost every time when I re-spawn the issue goes away until another random moment when I need to shoot. It also sometimes sticks right click (ADS), as well as left click (Shooting). It's grown to be my favorite mouse I've ever used, but it does get me killed at times.

Mine does it all the time just in normal windows use. I submitted a ticket and they are going to replace it when I send it to them, wish they would have just sent me a new mouse since it seems to be a known issue to them. We kind of had a little blizzard the last few days so I have not sent it out yet. It i svery irritating to say the least.

• 3 weeks later...