Corsair Community

Can I control a Commander Pro from inside a virtual machine?

jerrac

If I'm running Linux as my main operating system, and i have a windows virtual machine on it, can I use the Corsair's Link/iCUE(can't remember what it's called) software to control my fan speeds?

Specifically, the ones connected to my Commander Pro, and, possibly, my h100i v2 AIO?

Has anyone successfully made the software work under WINE?

Thanks!

Oh, right, FYI, my system is currently running Windows 10, not Linux. I'm trying to do some research before I make the switch. I did search the web and this forum, but didn't find an answer.

Edit:

Another thought, I was considering just running the fans off of my motherboard, but I have a 1000D case. In the long run, I can see needing to use all 18 fan mounts if the plans I have work out. I'm not sure if running 18 fans through the motherboard could possible damage it or not....

Edited by jerrac
More info.

• Corsair Employee
Hello, currently we don't support iCue or CLink 4 within Linux. You may be able to get it to work, but we won't be much of an assistance if issues arise. You may need to look into an alternative fan controller to handle this many fans, if you switch over to Linux.

Thank you for your reply. I guess I'll just have to experiment.

I'd really encourage Corsair to support Linux in the future. It is gaining ground, slowly, but with companies like Valve working hard to make games work on Linux, I'm very hopeful it will soon speed up.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...