Corsair Community

Thermal Pad info for XG7 Geforce 10 Series

During install i tried to peel a top layer off and apparently there was none.. so Now have no thermal pads on the block and its sitting in its box!

Can anyone tell me the thickness of the various pads on the GPU Block ? (would probably be handy to have this in the Hydro X faq I cant be the only one to mangle a thermal pad!

Edited by Jabbathewocket
Typo

(would probably be handy to have this in the Hydro X faq I cant be the only one to mangle a thermal pad!

Good Call... I will attempt to gather this very information and add it to the Faq,, if i find out before you get an answer i will report back ;)

Edited by Zotty

Hey can you confirm the thickness of the 2080ti as well. I have been having issues with my XG7 due to what i think is the thermal pads being to thick in some areas. I was seeing the gpu bowing in certain places due to this. I was able to smash the pads down a bit which helped the bowing but decided to order new thermal pads at 0.5mm and 1.0mm to fix this issue.

• Corsair Employee
This is after I smashed down the pre installed pad to make them thinner. Got new pads coming today

With original pads there should be no excessive bowing on the PCB.

When disassembling, could you please take a few photos of the GPU water block. Full front and a side shot of the bottom part.

Please refer to this image., then open a ticket and our agent will provide further information.

What i think happened was that who ever built mine put 1.0mm thermal pads in all areas. Instead of 0.5mm on the memory IC and 1.0mm on the MOSEFET and Coils. I will upload a photo when i tear it back down to replace the pads with the new ones that came in today. The issue was so bad that the pre applied thermal paste wasn't making full contact. As i smooched down the pre applied thermal pads the thermal paste was making more contact with the GPU die.

• Corsair Employee
I have PCB flex on my 2080 TI as well.

Can you please take a few pictures of the area with flex so we can check.

Slight flex on the VRM part of the PCB is normal. We'll let you know if it's excessive and provide further instructions.

• 1 year later...