Corsair Community

New Feature Coming (2.11): Retain Key Output

• Corsair Employee

Although some of you may disagree, I am always listening to the feedback of everyone who uses CUE and posts in this forum. While not everything can be implemented, I always try to see what we can do with common requests that fits within the UI logic of CUE 2.

One of these enhancements that I've been hearing for over a year now is having a key output the original function *and* any Action.

Therefore, in 2.11, we have implemented a brand new feature that a lot of people were asking for: Retain Key Output for all Actions.

attachment.php?attachmentid=28145&stc=1&d=1489184066

This means in that in addition to being able to use the Action you bind to a key, you'll also retain the original output of the key. "A" can be A and switch profiles, for example. You can also have "A" and do macros, text, media keys, etc. I think this opens up to a lot of new customization that wasn't possible in CUE before. It is with the feedback of the community that we can do things like this so please always keep it coming, whether positive or negative (I'm used to the latter, haha...).

I hope you guys enjoy this new feature. 2.11 will be out to the public by Monday the 13th of March.

1931955378_KeyOutput.png.d0e4801a7f4207f5586e4159e04bc75b.png

Although some of you may disagree, I am always listening to the feedback of everyone who uses CUE and posts in this forum. While not everything can be implemented, I always try to see what we can do with common requests that fits within the UI logic of CUE 2.

One of these enhancements that I've been hearing for over a year now is having a key output the original function *and* any Action.

Therefore, in 2.11, we have implemented a brand new feature that a lot of people were asking for: Retain Key Output for all Actions.

attachment.php?attachmentid=28145&stc=1&d=1489184066

This means in that in addition to being able to use the Action you bind to a key, you'll also retain the original output of the key. "A" can be A and switch profiles, for example. You can also have "A" and do macros, text, media keys, etc. I think this opens up to a lot of new customization that wasn't possible in CUE before. It is with the feedback of the community that we can do things like this so please always keep it coming, whether positive or negative (I'm used to the latter, haha...).

I hope you guys enjoy this new feature. 2.11 will be out to the public by Monday the 13th of March.

when should we expect this update to come ? Also when i click to check for updates inside CUE2 i get an error message. Is this a bug ?

when should we expect this update to come ? Also when i click to check for updates inside CUE2 i get an error message. Is this a bug ?

I believe he said it will be released March 13th.

I'm still trying to grap what this does... if I'm correct? It sound like;

I can add an action call it 'A' and make it G1 on my mouse then Remap Key to A, then I can go to macro and select the 'retain original key output' checkbox and record the macro I want.

Then when I use G1 it will retain "action A" and send its output as well as the macro I recordedin that action?

I believe he said it will be released March 13th.

I'm still trying to grap what this does... if I'm correct? It sound like;

I can add an action call it 'A' and make it G1 on my mouse then Remap Key to A, then I can go to macro and select the 'retain original key output' checkbox and record the macro I want.

Then when I use G1 it will retain "action A" and send its output as well as the macro I recordedin that action?

No... If you have this enabled, what it will do is send a keys original output and the blinded macro. So say I bind macro "Jump" to the G-Key. When I press G, CUE will output G and the macro. Since G1 has no base output binding it to that would have no effect.

Using 2.10, we already have this functionality for switching profiles; one defines a macro into which one inserts the keystroke action for the assigned key, and a secondary action of switching the profile. This technique enables CUE to have "state", so it can be programmed to play tic-tac-toe, for example, on the numeric keypad. Similarly for TEXT actions, one can define a "second action" to be a macro into which one could insert the keystroke action for the original key.

I haven't noticed the demand for retaining the original keypress on media keys, etc., but am looking forward to seeing how people will use the new capability.

No... If you have this enabled, what it will do is send a keys original output and the blinded macro. So say I bind macro "Jump" to the G-Key. When I press G, CUE will output G and the macro. Since G1 has no base output binding it to that would have no effect.

Odd. Hopefully it is well-defined in the release notes for text bindings whether the key's original output comes first or the redefined text, since defining the "G" (the letter) key may have outputs from the macro as well as its original meaning. Certainly, for TEXT actions, there is a "second action" that can be defined to a macro into which one can insert the keystroke action of the original key.

I concur that the "G1" (aka first of the G-keys) has no initial binding, so the new feature's checkbox would have no effect for this and other G-keys.

Using 2.10, we already have this functionality for switching profiles; one defines a macro into which one inserts the keystroke action for the assigned key, and a secondary action of switching the profile. This technique enables CUE to have "state", so it can be programmed to play tic-tac-toe, for example, on the numeric keypad. Similarly for TEXT actions, one can define a "second action" to be a macro into which one could insert the keystroke action for the original key.

I haven't noticed the demand for retaining the original keypress on media keys, etc., but am looking forward to seeing how people will use the new capability.

But this makes things much easier. Before this update you needed to add second macros to every key you want to use Actions and original output. Now you can just check this box and you are fine. Much easier to switch a Action to another key or and more Actions. ;): Alot of people here want to start lighting effects on a key without losing the original functionality. There were workarounds like you said.

And yes the demand for this feature was very high.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally! The _only_ feature (beside static individual key lighting) I wanted and needed! It's here! It works! The whole Corsair keyboard range just elevated its usefulness to another level, to me.

:headbang: :D:

EDIT: It's the profile switching, i.e. highlight different keys when pressing for example CTRL, that I finally can now have. For this feature alone, I'm a fan.

Archived