Corsair Community

F BG2 Series Firmware

E-Gadget

Hi Support Gurus.

I have spent a few hours on and off reading the Forums and there is no real definitive link to the Corsair F120GB2 SSD Firmware Update, infact one thread says its not yet avaliable (as of 2010). Can I please get a definitive link to the latest Firmware, and or an answer if it is avaliable yet or not and also a how to install if it is not the same as the YellowBeard Link that follows... YellowBeard: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100162 link here but this is not for the F120GB2 Drive as far as the PDF describes. My Signature is 2112, the files he provides is for the 22788 and the 22793. Please advise and provide approapiate information so I am no longer wasting time going in circles re-reading threads that are not really relivant.

My problem: Intermitent BSOD as a result of Hibernation. I am not happy to impliment the work around provided in the Forum.

Thank You :confused:

Do you mean the links on the left, the same links that are also stickied at the top of the Firmware Update forum? :)

An answer like this helps no one. I expect an answer in the format:

Supported SSD:

F120BG2

Firmware Version:

Date of Release:

01-01-2011

Download Link:

ftp://<Link>

I dont understand why this is hard. Not one of the posts are clear and easy to follow. Its easy to see there is a firmware there, but no detailed information like above. Isnt this just comonsense rather than flood the forums with posts from confused users?

My Problem is simple, I need the right firmware for my SSD. The Signature on my SSD is 2112. None of the Downloads have the correct Signature according to the PDF Documentation.

So I guess yes to your question:

Do you mean the links on the left, the same links that are also stickied at the top of the Firmware Update forum? :)

:roll:

You do not have a Force 3 or a Force GT SSD. You have a Force Series drive which is SATA II. There's a link on the left for SATA II SSDs. There is only one pkg file in that download file.

Thank You. Usefull Information. Again my problem could have been avoided if Information was presented in a clearer format. No where on my SSD does it say Force Series 2.4. I know it is a SATA II Drive. I will try this Download and see if we can get a bit further ahead.

E :laughing:

The Firmware Install Here Failed!

OS Freezes, no upgrade is done. I waited 6 hrs, over night. Still frozen the next day.

I have an Asus P6T Mainboard with an Intel® Core™ i7-950 Processor. I can’t see anywhere in the documentation that this combination would be a problem.

I have booted into a Windows 7 Pro x86 OS on this Hardware Setup (Booting from USB Drive) not running from my SSD. My SSD still has my original Win 7 Pro x64 OS. (Full Backup has been done)

This should be simple, I have upgraded my Wife’s F/W on a Competitor (O C Z) SSD in less than a minute, firmware on may other products is much easier than on the Corsair F120GB2 SSD. I can’t believe that Corsair (the great world renowned product that it is) is so hard to get the right Firmware and Install it. Seems the procedures that Corsair have, regarding Firmware Upgrades on their products, need to be reviewed to make this a less painful procedure?

Why is it such guess work to get the right Firmware for my F120GB2 SSD?

Very Frustrated.

E :!:

It won't say Force Series 2.4 on any SSD because that doesn't exist. 2.4 is the version of the latest firmware for the Corsair Force Series.

That SSD and that motherboard is not a problem. Also, please do not go around the forum filter, as this is covered in the rules of the forum.

I hope my experiences with the F120GB2 SSD, BSOD issue helps other users.

First of all dont forget to set AHCI: Set Your OS to use AHCI and then Set Your Bios to use AHCI - If AHCI is not already Set.

Supported SSD:

CSSD-F60GB2

CSSD-F100GB2

CSSD-F120GB2

CSSD-F200GB2

CSSD-F240GB2

Firmware Version:

Force Series - 2.0 Firmware Update

Use the File Name: Corsair_Force_SSD_FW_Update_2.0_Alternate.pkg if Corsair_Force_SSD_FW_Update_2.0.pkg does not work.

Date of Release:

11-02-2010

Download Link:

Force Series Firmware

The link to the Forum Page: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90759

Please remember, this seems to have worked for me. So far Benchmarks show good performance for this gen SSD, (Using Performance Test), no BSOD's yet. :laughing:

http://www.e-gadget.com.au/images/BenchMark.png

Oh yes, Also, I booted from my SSD in the end to try a In Place Firmware update on the SSD. No USB Boots or anything like that mentioned above.

Best all - E ;):

SSD's Rock - no matter what... I just wish I had not wasted so much time on this simple what should be a 2 minute task.

Corsair_Force_SSD_FW_Update_2.0_Alternate.pkg DOES NOT EXIST in the zip in the thread you linked to. It DOES exist in this thread for the SATA II firmware 2.0 thread: http://forum.corsair.com/v2/showthread.php?t=90759

Quite right, thanks for checking. Srry - Link has now been corrected.

The file Corsair_Force_SSD_FW_Update_2.0.pkg does not work.

Appologies for this mistake. :roll:

hey Wired, you should work for Corsair...

Can you fix the Forum Link, change F BG2 to "Force GB2 Series Firmware Update"? Or should i repost a new thread with the correct Heading and enter the information again?

Thanks for your on going help!

E

Hi All,

Just to let you know, my SSD is now intermitently dropping out entirely. I am now seeing more problems than the intermitent BSOD's when the system went into Stand By/Hibernation mode.

I cant believe this. I will try the previously failed 2.4 Firmware update to see if this helps any.

I cant believe this. I might cut my losses and go with the competitor SSD I mentioned before. What a shame Corsair is having so much trouble with their SSD's

I will keep you posted.

Best - E :[pouts:

The dropouts I am seeing seem to be still related with Hibernation. The System will freeze and then no SSD. If I reset the system, the SSD does come back. If I power down and then power back up, its all fine again.

From memory this is the same problem my wifes SSD had, only one firmware fixed her SSD, and it took 2 minutes to fix.

Will report more soon.

E :[pouts:

Dear Corsair,

please release 1.1 of your SSD firmware so users of your SSD's like my self can at least have a SSD that works. I will RMA if needed but I would rather have my old problem back.

Oh dear, if I had known how this would turn out I would have never done the firmware update in the first place. How can you possibly release a firmware so buggy? Seriously are your monkeys smoking something?

Maybe pay employees to do the job and get a working Firmware? As a small business owner, I would be out of business if my product was this bad. Seriously get some employees that know their stuff????

I will be very upset if my SSD is not working by the end of the week. At least with the 1.1 firmware with the least buggs. An intermitent BSOD is half way acceptable compared to what I now have.

Corsair DO SOMETHING stop sitting on your ****....

E :mad: DONT UPGRADE YOUR FIRMWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived