Corsair Community

OBS Audio Reverb (Corsair Void USB)

Dottzx

I just switched to a Corsair void usb headset from a logitech g35 (that did not have this issue), and ever since the audio in my recordings has a terribly tinny echo / reverb that makes it impossible to listen to. My mic is the only thing in the entire recording uneffected.

This only started happening since switching to the new headset. Every single thread i have seen online that has to do with this topic is always unanswered, and after researching for over an hour for a solution with no luck, i decided to make an account and post here because im desperate for help with this.

The sound sounds perfectly fine in my headset, its just the recordings that sound god awful. Im normally very good with diagnosing computer issues and things of this nature but i have absolutely NO idea what to do here

NOTE: the issue does go away when dolby surround is turned off in the Corsair headset. in my logitech tho, i can have it on and it is all good

EDIT: I will return these headphones if this issue isnt fixed because this is getting ridiculous. Spent 2-3 days researching and wasting my time on this and its reaching a point where it isnt even worth it.

The issue happens in both OBS Studio and OBS classic

Here are my OBS Logs

Classic: https://obsproject.com/forum/attachments/echo-txt.21786/

Studio: https://obsproject.com/forum/attachments/2016-12-07-16-49-21-txt.21806/

Edited by Dottzx

i just plugged my g35 back in. everything works fine

im honestly ridiculously disappointed in this headset. keyboard and mouse are great, but this headset has been an awful experience... i dont want to return it because its REALLY comfy and it does sound good with dolby surround but if i cant use it with OBS thats a dealbreaker for me

Edited by Dottzx

I think the issue might be stemming from the fact that windows doesnt appear to see the VOID as a surround sound device. When i look at the properties in the playback device manager, there isnt an enhancement tab or a surround sound tab, nor can i change the default format of the headset in the headphone properties. The VOID is being picked up as a headset while my G35 was picked up as a speaker. Just trying to provide as much info as possible to get the best assistance.

IDK im grasping at straws here at this point and trying to keep this bumped for help.

I submitted a ticket with corsair as well. i still feel like this is way too much effort to be putting into a BRAND NEW headset

• 2 years later...