Corsair Community

Need help. RGB flicker?

MooZ

Hello all,

I just bought this K95 and received it today, but there seems to be a small problem. When I am making modes that make the lightning change suddenly, it appears to flicker each time the lightning resets and starts from the beginning again. I have posted a video further down, where you can see, what I mean. Can you help me sort out why, this happens? Oh, and btw.. I downloaded a rainbow off here, and when I am using that person's profile for the rainbow, it does not flicker. :/ I even copied his rainbow from his profile to my own profile, and it started flickering. So both profiles are using the exact same rainbow lightning for the buttons! I hope you can help.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

As you can see in this video, the fail doesn't persist. It 'only' happens like 8/10 times. And in this video, I only change the color from green to red and vice-versa.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Nordic Layout btw, but that shouldn't matter much :c

- MooZ

Hello all,

I just bought this K95 and received it today, but there seems to be a small problem. When I am making modes that make the lightning change suddenly, it appears to flicker each time the lightning resets and starts from the beginning again. I have posted a video further down, where you can see, what I mean. Can you help me sort out why, this happens? Oh, and btw.. I downloaded a rainbow off here, and when I am using that person's profile for the rainbow, it does not flicker. :/ I even copied his rainbow from his profile to my own profile, and it started flickering. So both profiles are using the exact same rainbow lightning for the buttons! I hope you can help.

Nordic Layout btw, but that shouldn't matter much :c

- MooZ

This is a new 'feature' introduced with the latest version of CUE. IT wasn't doing that before, all of my profiles/modes that have either gradients, waves or ripples have the flickering issue. I really hope they fix this, I'm thinking of rolling back myself.

This is a new 'feature' introduced with the latest version of CUE. IT wasn't doing that before, all of my profiles/modes that have either gradients, waves or ripples have the flickering issue. I really hope they fix this, I'm thinking of rolling back myself.

Oh, okay. Well thanks for the reply! At least it is something in the software and not the hardware! ^^

Can you upload both profiles in those videos?

It's pretty easy to reproduce. Create a new gradient, assign it to a key and observe that each cycle the lights flicker off each time.

For me it's 100% consistent. I even tried to make a new profile with a new gradient, and constant flicker. A lot of my modes had alternating gradients across the keyboard, quite seizure inducing with the lights switching off every 1,2, 3 seconds depending on how long I set it.

Here is my main profile. Mode 2 & 3 have the entire keybaord with alternating gradients, it's extremely obvious by just looking at either of them.

Here is a Dropbox link with my profile:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/44mtpjqc7t5elg0/MedievalNerd.prf?dl=0

• Corsair Employee

I don't see any difference between what your profile is doing in comparison to 1.1.57. Due to how CUE works right now, once the duration ends, a lighting pattern will restart again. You can smooth out the transition by modifying values and colors (similar to how the megarainbow profile was done to blend the transition) but there is no "infinite loop" to a lighting pattern to prevent the LED(s) to restart the pattern.

We did a side by side comparison between 1.1.57 and 1.2.74 with alternating gradients and didn't notice anything different. We tested your profile in 1.2.74 and didn't see anything that is different from what I described above either.

@Mooz, I'd like to see your profile(s) too. Judging from what I see in your first video, your duration is also set to 2 seconds before it restarts the pattern again.

I don't see any difference between what your profile is doing in comparison to 1.1.57. Due to how CUE works right now, once the duration ends, a lighting pattern will restart again. You can smooth out the transition by modifying values and colors (similar to how the megarainbow profile was done to blend the transition) but there is no "infinite loop" to a lighting pattern to prevent the LED(s) to restart the pattern.

We did a side by side comparison between 1.1.57 and 1.2.74 with alternating gradients and didn't notice anything different. We tested your profile in 1.2.74 and didn't see anything that is different from what I described above either.

@Mooz, I'd like to see your profile(s) too. Judging from what I see in your first video, your duration is also set to 2 seconds before it restarts the pattern again.

Yes, the pattern restarts again but the LED will flicker off for a moment. Before 1.1.57 I had no such flickering in between cycles. The middle rows of my 'Fireplace' mode will flicker off every 2 seconds, and top/bottom rows every 3 seconds.

The way the lighting starts over isn't smooth. Even if I set Red/Blue/Red, when it cycles back the LED will momentarily turn off.

Here is a fresh profile I created, the first mode has 1 group that has a gradient applied that goes from Red/Blue/Red and loops every 3 seconds.

Profile LINK

And here is a video of the flickering I'm talking about. Identical to what I see it the OP's video, although for me it's not 8/10 it's 10/10.

Video LINK

2nd Video without the lights off to see the flickering better, and it's in 1080p. LINK

I managed to find and trim a video of the same profile I had originally uploaded (the one with the fireplace mode) and you can clearly see in this video the the cycling was previously continuous. Each repetition wasn't interupted with the LED turning off momentarily. Have a look. LINK PLEASE IGNORE THE BACKGROUND AUDIO THAT IS PLAYING IN THE RECORDING. Some ranty youtuber. :P

(All links are from my Dropbox)

Which firmware are you using James?

I really hope this can be addressed or confirm whether or not my KB is defective at this point. I have an extended warranty, but if I can run off the store 30 day guarantee I'd rather know ASAP. Can you post a video of my profile cycling without the flicker? I'm really surprised that you aren't observing the same flicker that I am.

After further investigation with our software team, we were able to confirm the issue and will have a resolution for this very shortly (most likely later today). Thanks everyone for helping with this issue.

Thank you very much James, I look forward to it!

Archived