Corsair Community

Case fan position

CrxigSm1th

Computer fans are the opposite of your typical household fan. When looking at the fan, the "pretty side" with the blade is the intake side. The opposite side with the support structure vanes and specification sticker is the exhaust side --- or the direction air will travel.

From your pictures, it looks like the front two fans are acting as exhaust, while the top and rear are acting as intake. It probably works, but you might want to flip all of them around and see how it compares. Most cases are designed from a front/bottom intake, top/rear exhaust philosophy. It is possible to make other arrangements work, but usually with some concessions.

Actually, upon closer look I think he might've placed all his fans as intake. Flip your top and back fans and you should be good to go. This way, you get the optimum/standard airflow of intake from the front and exhaust from the back/top.

Usually the side with the grill is the one where air comes out from. You can also inspect your fans closely. There should be arrows on it that indicate which side is intake or exhaust.

Computer fans are the opposite of your typical household fan. When looking at the fan, the "pretty side" with the blade is the intake side. The opposite side with the support structure vanes and specification sticker is the exhaust side --- or the direction air will travel.

From your pictures, it looks like the front two fans are acting as exhaust, while the top and rear are acting as intake. It probably works, but you might want to flip all of them around and see how it compares. Most cases are designed from a front/bottom intake, top/rear exhaust philosophy. It is possible to make other arrangements work, but usually with some concessions.

Ok so ive tried the paper trick, and all of the fans are sucking air in, should i move the top and back around so that the cold air can rise out of the case?

I can't tell what I am looking at in the first picture, but I'll now assume that is through the side glass. Is your case pressed directly against the wall? That will limit your airflow.

You probably should try flipping the top and rear around to exhaust and I don' t think there are many other usable configurations on a S340.

Archived