Corsair Community

HG10 N780 Blower Noise

Papadoc

I recently installed an HG10 N780 on my 780ti coupled with an H75 and although temps are incredible, 63c max under load, the noise the blower makes at even 1600 RPM is, in a word, ridiculous. It's easily the loudest component in my system. Is this normal or did I get a bad blower? I can't find any videos on the HG10 N780 that demonstrate the noise, but to me it almost sounds like a compressor in a refrigerator. Any help is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
I ended up RMAing my HG10 N780. I installed the new one, and this one is even noisier. But now the sound happens when the fan is throttling down from 100% to around the 55% range...it sounds like something is rattling and then it abruptly stops once it gets lower than 55%. Any recommendations? Could something be loose on the blower? Should I RMA again? Id hate to have to pay for shipping a seconds time.

• 6 months later...
I have just installed HG10 N780 on one of my msi boards using H55. Just like Papadoc, the blower fan is ridiculously noisy. The cooling effect is great and I am very happy about it but I have to do something about the noise. Can I send a short video clip to someone or should I contact tech support?

Same exact issue with my H10 N980. If you have a reference graphics card, you can swap out the Corsair blower with the blower from the reference card. That fixed my issues!

When I called corsair about this issue, they denied it and said there was something wrong my graphics card (even though everything was working perfectly with it BUT the CORSAIR BLOWER on the H10 N980)

Good Luck!

Unfortunately my original graphics card didn't have the reference design and the two blowers attached to it are not compatible.

I wonder if I can buy one of those or something compatible. Would it be easy to replace the blower? I couldn't figure out how to take it out.

Issues resolved!

Eventually I removed the blower from HG10, and fitted one of the two fans from the graphics card. I also removed the plastic housing that was included in HG10 to house the blower. Now the noise is gone and the GPU runs even cooler.

My graphics card (MSI GTX 780 Twin Frozr) had two small fans, so I cut the front panel in half, chopped off one of the fans, and just placed the remaining fan in front of HG10. Looks pretty wild and crude but it does what it is supposed to do.

Archived