The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 64 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-03-2013, 02:20 PM
Zomgtuberun's PC Specs

POST ID # = 668271
Zomgtuberun Reputation: 10
Default Problem with Corsair Link detecting H100i.

Hello, I have a Corsair H100i cooler placed on my cpu (of course). My current and rather frustrating problem is the following:
I cannot seem to get the Corsair Link 2.2 to detect my Corsair H100i.
First of all, I would like to say that yes, it is placed and fully functioning:
  1. The fans both are spinning, but on low rpm because I cannot control them.
  2. The pump's LED is working, plus I can feel the liquid running through the pipes
  3. The Corsair Link USB Adapter is adequately plugged into the pump AND into a USB header on my Motherboard.
  4. Ran some torture tests, under 100% load my cpu stays at around 48C
I think that the test temps show that the pump is working, however I cannot manually control it, nor the fans.

Here are some of the actions I've taken trying to fix this, and their results:
  • First I verified if the Link cable was adequately connected to a USB header, it is. I unplugged AND replugged it, then reinstalled the Corsair Link software entirely. Still doesn't work.
  • Then, I downloaded the firmware update file for the Corsair Commander. Upon trying to update the firmware, I received this error: "Failure: Corsair Commander failed to restart". I must admit, I have no idea if I have to update the H100i or the Corsair Commander. WAIT FOR IT:
  • I then downloaded the 1.0.7 firmware update for the H100i and tried to update it, I received this error message: "H80/H100i not installed!". However, it IS installed since it's running and the pump is working!
  • Browsed for hours trying to find people with the same problem as I have, cannot seem to find any working solution.

I KNOW that the solution here is probably very simple and I'm just retarded for not finding it, however it's a growing pain in the neck as I am really looking forward to overclocking my cpu, but cannot do so with my pump and fans stuck on "low" settings.

Old 08-03-2013, 03:04 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 668277
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

post a pic of your link dashboard with one of your fans highlighted

Old 08-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Zomgtuberun's PC Specs

POST ID # = 668502

Not at home right now, would just like to say that the ONLY fan that shows up in the Dashboard is my GPU's fan. My case fans and the H100i fans are not detected at all.

Recently contacted the seller, they think that the corsair H100i is not compatible with my motherboard because it is too recent.

My motherboard is
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128593

If you would like I could take a pic of the Dashboard with my gpu fan highlighted...?

Old 08-06-2013, 05:14 AM

POST ID # = 668651
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

Have you tried a mini USB B to Type A cable?

Old 08-06-2013, 08:41 AM

POST ID # = 668678
trebado Reputation: 10

I am having the same problem, my motherboard is M5A78L-m lx / br, be incompatible?

Have tested change the usb cable, and install in external usb motherboard without success.

But my corsair works one week and not next week, I'm Brazilian, sorry English

Old 08-06-2013, 06:07 PM

POST ID # = 668798
darktower11 Reputation: 10

I am having a similar issue.

Corsair Link does not detect my H100i or any of the fans (besides the GPU fan).

The fans are running, I just can't see them in Corsair Link.

I thought I might need to upgrade the firmware (to 1.07), but when I attempted this I got an Error Message:

"Status: ERROR Loading Firmware File"

I verified that the relevant Device Manager drivers are installed, and am running Windows 7 Pro SP1.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:40 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 668819
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

That would suggest it is not detecting the H100i, do you have the USB 3.0 Driver installed for the MB? some of the MB's using AMD and some Newer Intel Chipsets will not allow the internal USB 2.0 Ports to work properly till all of the USB 3.0 Drivers are installed. And I would try moving it to another internal port and see if it detects

Old 08-06-2013, 10:05 PM

POST ID # = 668826
trebado Reputation: 10

Is not detecting in any usb port ..... I've tried all usb ports ..... my latest bios and everything updated ........ I'll change the motherboard as a test ..... or test on another PC.

Old 08-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Zomgtuberun's PC Specs

POST ID # = 668895

First off, thank you very much for your attention RAM GUY.
Second, yes, I have installed the latest USB 3.0 drivers.
Everything is wired adequately, my corsair H100i doesn't even show up in the Device Manager. My real question is, is the latest Corsair Link version compatible with recent motherboards such as the GA-Z87X-UD5H. I know some memory modules aren't compatible with it somehow, I managed to make mine work.

I've also looked at some reviews of the motherboard on newegg, some folks are having problems with the PWM fan option; could that be an issue for making the H100i work with Corsair Link?

And no, Toasted, I have not tried this type of cable, I really don't have other cables than the ones that were included with the H100i kit. Besides, I think that IF such a cable were to work more than the one that came with it, it should be included as well as replacement or whatnot.

I brought my computer to the people that assembled it to see if they would find a solution, gave them approximately the same information I wrote on this post, I will let everyone know if they find a viable solution.

If not, and that's a big if because I trust Corsair's hardware, this will be a RMA for me, and to be replaced by Cooler Master Eisberg L240 Prestige... But I hope it doesn't come to that point.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:46 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 668957
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

What version of Windows are you using? Windows 7 or Windows 8? and when you installed our software did you right click on the file and run as administrator? And did you have a chance to test it on another system?

Old 08-07-2013, 07:14 PM

POST ID # = 668972
bail_w Reputation: 10

Same situation with me, 100i is not showing up in the Corsair link software.

Verified everything are plugged in, the fans does spin up and down accordingly to the cpu temperature (is that a good sign? maybe). I didn't get a chance to monitor the pump RPM yet though.

My motherboard is Asus P8Z68-V Pro and running on Window 7 Pro 64bit W/SP1

Old 08-08-2013, 01:04 PM
Zomgtuberun's PC Specs

POST ID # = 669087

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
What version of Windows are you using? Windows 7 or Windows 8? and when you installed our software did you right click on the file and run as administrator? And did you have a chance to test it on another system?
I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. Everytime I start Corsair Link, it's as an administrator.

UPDATE: I KIND OF fixed the problem my plugging the corsair link USB thing in another one of my motherboard's USB header, sacrificing 2 usb plugs on the front of my case. However, I am getting a new problem. I can now adequately change the LED color and monitor my H100i fans, but some other thing popped up.

Every now and then, my H100i fans start to spin at 100% capacity for no reason for like 2-3 seconds, and then I hear an usb device being unplugged. After that, both of the H100i fans and the pump are stuck at a speed and their speed does not change.
I am using the corsair link version 2.3.4816 and the H100i firmware 1.0.7.
Please help?

Old 08-08-2013, 01:10 PM
UtahMaximus's PC Specs

POST ID # = 669093
UtahMaximus Reputation: 10

Zomgtuberun, I had exactly the same prob, I just plugged the usb cable into a different socket on the motherboard, then link2 detected it

Old 08-08-2013, 01:14 PM
UtahMaximus's PC Specs

POST ID # = 669095
UtahMaximus Reputation: 10

sorry, just noticed you have solved the detection problem, but now have another prob, ignore my last post.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:05 AM
Zomgtuberun's PC Specs

POST ID # = 669385

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahMaximus View Post
sorry, just noticed you have solved the detection problem, but now have another prob, ignore my last post.
No worries, any help I can get is welcome on this matter!

Tags
corsair link cooling kit, h100i led/corsairlink2