Corsair Community

VX550W Weird Noise under load

Zaim

Hi, I've had this psu for about 3 and a half years, recently i've noticed it's louder than before and makes this weird and annoying noise under load high pitch, not sure if its coil whine or something, its as if something is catching the fan or something. Kind of hard to explain.

Edit: Just remembered it's bank holiday so doubt i'd get a reply here so I created a RMA :)

Something like 9-5 PST, M-F.

Cheers mate.

@ramguy Hi it has been approved i just want to use the Advanced rma. I tried calling the number in the email but it doesn't work, just beep beep.

510-657-8747 < tried that, that's when i get the beeps

888-222-4346< can't connect call

RMA #1226547

If CS are open now would you be able to tell them to give me a call?

I'm in the UK btw.

Thanks

• Corsair Employee
Hi mate, I still can't get through, I've emailed them with my contact information.

Cheers

Send another email directly to ------ and I will have someone call you ASAP.

• Corsair Employee
Thanks, email sent.

Edit: Received a email saying i will be contacted before the end of today.

Thanks for the update, please let us know if you do not hear anything within 24 hours.

Thanks for the update, please let us know if you do not hear anything within 24 hours.

lol i was using the wrong country code, *facepalm* just waitin in the cue now.

Edit: All done, replacement is on order. Thanks for you're help

I received the power supply on the 5th of May, was disappointed that i didn't receive a dispatch email and tracking info. Luckily my neighbour was in and took the parcel.

Sent quite a few email's asking for a update and never got a reply, sent more asking for a confirmation of where to send my power supply, so far i have two different addresses. I was also given another rma number when i requested Advanced rma, when i got areply back for tech support they said the rma number is wrong, so now i need to know the correct address to send the item to and my correct Rma number. :(

Archived