Corsair Community

H150I and commander pro with LL 120 fans

SLOTHINSPACE

So i have done a case swap into the Corsair 465x from the 400c and did the build connecting all my six ll fans to the commander pro instead of 3 connected to h150i for cpu to control the fan speed . I was wondering would i be better to connect the 3 fans that are attached to the Rad to the splitter for the AIO so the RPM will increase when cpu temps increase. And the others that exhaust heat out to the commander pro . Will i leave the rgb hub thats connected to the commander pro ll rgb headers in or will i have to change this. Or will i just move the PWM connections from commander pro to 3 way splitter on aio. I see good temps on CPU but dont want to have to use software all the time mostly just for safety for cpu. Hope this makes sense could use some insight into this Thanks

2139805470_icue1.png.abc9ba0b33454ab115b2f464ac3a6506.png

69999629_icue2.png.61fffd822adfe7c1f8494e8a296ca298.png

Most people will be happier with the fans on the AIO's fan controller vs the Commander Pro. The coolant temp control variable is native to the cooler and the fans will recognize the data with or without the software running, including boot and BIOS modes. If you connect to the Commander Pro and specify coolant temp (H150i Temp), it will work when the software is active, but likely revert to 100% blast when it is not. Depending on your use habits, that may be annoying.

Another option would be to take one of the thermistor temp probes from the Commander and run it to the back of the H150i exhaust. Exhaust air temp will mirror coolant temperature. That is the native temp source for the C-Pro and it would allow all the fans on that controller to run their assigned speeds, all of the time. You can move the radiator fan 4 pin power cables and still do this for the other 3. That is your choice.

Either way, the RGB lighting wires to the RGB Lighting Hub will all stay put. No need to move any of those for either. Lighting and fan power are completely independent.

So would you say i move the pwm connectors that are on commander pro to AIO splitter so the rpm will increase with or without software and leave all the 6 rgb wires to the rgb hub thats connected to the commander pro. How will i control lighting for the fans will it be 3 of the fans in the h150i section of icue or all 6 on commander pro just rpm control changed AIO

So would you say i move the pwm connectors that are on commander pro to AIO splitter so the rpm will increase with or without software and leave all the 6 rgb wires to the rgb hub thats connected to the commander pro. How will i control lighting for the fans will it be 3 of the fans in the h150i section of icue or all 6 on commander pro just rpm control changed AIO

Lighting is controlled by the Commander Pro. Keep them where they are. Move only the PWM headers.

SO move pwm connector 1,2,3 from commander pro to AIO but do i need to move 4,5,6 to 1,2,3 on commander pro or does it not matter what the pwm order are for the C-PRO if i did this that means fans 4,5,6 would be connected to 1,2,3 on c-pro and 4,5,6 on lighting node. So overall just move the PWM connectors or do i need to mess around with order for C-Pro sorry if this is confusing just trying to understand what is best if i move the pwm connectors and if there will be any other restrictions Thanks

for PWM fan control on the Commander Pro... order doesnt matter buddy (does with the RGB Fan LED Hub though!).. but for aesthetics in iCUE.. i would l move them lol...

and as said,, control the AIO fans (the ones on the Radiator) via the AIO.. this ensures correct operation of your cooling system regardless of other hardware/software and indeed OS...

Here is my setup to achieve a "no software" solution (you do have to use iCue to set things up initially though):

My H115i Plat fan PWM control is handled by the AIO. You can use a custom fan curve for your radiator fans and this is stored to the AIO (at least that is the case on the H115i plat). The RGB cables from the radiator fans go to my RGB hub which is connected to the Commander Pro. My top case fans RGB headers which are ML 140 RGB models are also connected to the RGB hub as well.

For case fan speed control I use 2 of the supplied temperature probes that come with the Commander Pro to control my rear case fan (ML140 Pro non-RGB) and 2 x ML140 RGB top fans. When you do custom fan profiles using the CoPro temp sensors this will be stored to the CoPro and you get fan speed control even with no software running.

To get the full benefit you have to set the Corsair service to manual start as well as not having iCue load at startup. You can still start up iCue at any time to tweak things if you wish.

In addition to the built-in hardware lighting effects, a basic hardware lighting effect, i.e. lighting changing colour based on temp of one of the CoPro temp sensors can be used on the ML RGB series fans when no software is running - I'm not sure if that applies to LL fans though.

The H115i plat pump header RGB cannot display temperature changes unless the Corsair service is running. I don't know if the same applies to the H150i.