Corsair Community

I'm using ram with Threadripper that isn't on your Compatibility List - slow

DidIBuyTheWrong

Hello i've built my own system 3 times now but i go so long between each build I really don't know what I'm doing. I've been using CMR64GX4M8C3000C15 with x399. The passmark scores were unusually low when considering the rest of the system scores and what I spent.

I didn't think much of the bad score until I saw CMR64GX4M8C3000C15 is not on your compatibility list an hour ago. I assumed it was either because they overclocked and I didn't, or because of motherboard performance (the mobo i chose has been getting heavily criticized in the youtube reviews).

It has been more than 30 days since I bought it and I cannot return it. I would have to sell it on ebay at a serious loss and buy more to replace it. Would I be getting better performance if I chose ram on your compatibility list?

Slowest support of all time. I don't see a sleeping emote over here in the list... I guess it would get over used in this forum.
This is a user community forum, not a support forum. For support you should create a support account at support.corsair.com.

You may want to check your BIOS to see what speed the memory's running at.

• Corsair Employee
Hello i've built my own system 3 times now but i go so long between each build I really don't know what I'm doing. I've been using CMR64GX4M8C3000C15 with x399. The passmark scores were unusually low when considering the rest of the system scores and what I spent.

I didn't think much of the bad score until I saw CMR64GX4M8C3000C15 is not on your compatibility list an hour ago. I assumed it was either because they overclocked and I didn't, or because of motherboard performance (the mobo i chose has been getting heavily criticized in the youtube reviews).

It has been more than 30 days since I bought it and I cannot return it. I would have to sell it on ebay at a serious loss and buy more to replace it. Would I be getting better performance if I chose ram on your compatibility list?

From what it looks like, you're not running the DRAM at its rated speed If I'm following you correctly. This could have an impact on the Passmark score you're seeing. This can be fixed by trying the XMP profile for your DRAM kit or by manually overclocking (whichever works best).

Slowest support of all time. I don't see a sleeping emote over here in the list... I guess it would get over used in this forum.

This is a user community forum, not a support forum. For support you should create a support account at support.corsair.com.

You may want to check your BIOS to see what speed the memory's running at.

Wired is correct, this isn't a support forum. We encourage users to reach out to our customer support team first if they're having issues with a product. While we do answer support related questions when we can, it's still better to go through the proper channels first.

Hopefully this helps. And to shed some light on motherboards effecting overall performance of a system, that's entirely possible. I've noticed this when testing solid-state storage, particularly NVMe drives. The speed of a particular drive can vary greatly from one board to the next, even more so on different platforms. In the context of DRAM, different motherboards can impact things such as overclocking (as is the case when you try to apply XMP), which is why you see validated lists of "compatible" SKUs when you look at a QVL list from a motherboard manufacturer for a particular board.

Archived