Corsair Community

How to set pump speed on custom profiles ?

niklos

Hi all.

I can't see any better title for my question so, if you have an idea, it is welcome !

So here is my question, I did a custom profil on iCue for my H100i platinum.

It goes from 0RPM fan speed up to 36°C and then it goes up.

I want the pump to be on "quiet" until my processor reaches 40°C, above that, I want it to be on the "extreme" setting.

How can I customise this ?

Thanks everyone !

The pump settings are fixed, not dynamic. It’s either low or high for each profile. However, since pump has so little effect on your end temperature, you can leave it at the 2400 rpm speed and it won’t have any negative effect.

It appears you may be using CPU temp as your control variable for the radiator fans. That is not how the system works and you are going to be doing a lot of stop/start and unnecessary speed changes. The cooler removes heat from the processor and dumps it elsewhere. You don’t need the fans to react until coolant temp increases. That is the sign more heat is going into the cooler than is going out and why coolant temp is the default variable. You can use cpu temp, but it will be noisier with a lot of changes and no real performance increase. Also, you can’t save cpu temp based curves to the cooler for when iCUE isn’t running.

OK thanks !

BTW, I have an issue with the fans. They are making a screeching noise. Both fans have the problem but one of them is making it louder than the other one. Is it a known issue for those fans ? As far as I know, they are ML120Pro RGB

PS : is it possible to get the Corsair curves for the default presets ? (dont want to modify them, just seeing them)

No, those fans should not screech, but they are also a new variant so no track record. Make sure fan screws aren’t too tight.

In iCUE go to the performance tab and click the + to create a new “cooling mode”. On the top right side of the graph are 3 curve shapes. We believe these are visual representations of the quiet, performance, and extreme presets.

• 2 months later...
No, those fans should not screech, but they are also a new variant so no track record. Make sure fan screws aren’t too tight.

In iCUE go to the performance tab and click the + to create a new “cooling mode”. On the top right side of the graph are 3 curve shapes. We believe these are visual representations of the quiet, performance, and extreme presets.

where do i find it??

Archived