Corsair Community

Activating a lighting effect using one single key

Criticalstone

Hello everyone!

I would like to activate an effect that effects several keys, but i want it to be activated by only one key. for example i would like a light effect on v,a,d,f,g and h but i dont want h to e able to activate the effect only v should be able to activate the thing.

Thank you in advance!

Hello everyone!

I would like to activate an effect that effects several keys, but i want it to be activated by only one key. for example i would like a light effect on v,a,d,f,g and h but i dont want h to e able to activate the effect only v should be able to activate the thing.

Thank you in advance!

Im not sure youll be able to do that at this point. You can have anyone of them activate that ability but you wont be able to exculde one of them.

So you highlight all the keys you want to have the lighting effect come from and then add them to a group. then add the lighting effect to that group only.

For instance, if you want the effect on WASD keys only, select those keys by holding ctrl and selecting them on the lighting layout then right click on any one of them and select 'add to group' --> new group.

EDIT: Nevermind, i am having trouble making that work..

• 1 month later...

This is the same effect I'm attempting right now!

So you highlight all the keys you want to have the lighting effect come from and then add them to a group. then add the lighting effect to that group only.

For instance, if you want the effect on WASD keys only, select those keys by holding ctrl and selecting them on the lighting layout then right click on any one of them and select 'add to group' --> new group.

EDIT: Nevermind, i am having trouble making that work..

no no no! I think you're on to something! I'm going to attempt my version right now: electricity effect.

How I'll do it:

1) creative about 3 different electricity pathway groups.

2) create lighting effect ripple with reduced distance the effect will travel

3) apply to all groups.

4) when a key of the group is pressed the effect activates and light ripples through the pathway of that groups electricity effect path.

I'll report the results in a sec

Results: works pretty good, but the effects always start from the center of the group rather than the key being pressed. Will have to investigate further when I get the chance.... right now I'm more worried about a defective LED, and no firmware fixes it... RMA time lol

This is the same effect I'm attempting right now!

no no no! I think you're on to something! I'm going to attempt my version right now: electricity effect.

How I'll do it:

1) creative about 3 different electricity pathway groups.

2) create lighting effect ripple with reduced distance the effect will travel

3) apply to all groups.

4) when a key of the group is pressed the effect activates and light ripples through the pathway of that groups electricity effect path.

I'll report the results in a sec

Results: works pretty good, but the effects always start from the center of the group rather than the key being pressed. Will have to investigate further when I get the chance.... right now I'm more worried about a defective LED, and no firmware fixes it... RMA time lol

It is not possible for now to have the animation start from the key you pressed, it always starts in the middle of the group. Quite a few people have requested to have it start from the key pressed and I understand this suggestion has been passed on to the CUE developers. If or when they'll include it is unknown however.

It is not possible for now to have the animation start from the key you pressed, it always starts in the middle of the group. Quite a few people have requested to have it start from the key pressed and I understand this suggestion has been passed on to the CUE developers. If or when they'll include it is unknown however.

I managed to make this work on the first day of having the keyboard, but can't for the life of me remember how I did it. It can't be that hard though. I remember that I originally wanted the ripple to extend not more than 3 or 4 keys from the keypress location and was thwarted by the ripple extending over the entire keyboard instead (had ALL set for the group).

EDIT It was multiple key type lighting, with a ripple effect selected. This will not be constrained to any group though, so is not a solution to the OPs question. My apologies. I guess this is why type lighting is incompatible with custom foreground effects. DUH.

Archived