Corsair Community

Glaive DPI..

gotham2K

Hello, I'm thinking of buying my first actual gaming mouse soon. I have chosen the Glaive, but have 1 little issue with it before purchasing.

On every review that I've seen, the DPI lights are only the static blue color. It seems that there is no way to change this, but a comment I saw on a review said that there is a way to turn off the DPI lights.

Can you disable the DPI lights, to prevent color clashing? Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

Yeah you can but it's not super intuitive, at least the way I found. When I make a new profile in CUE they would be off by default and only blink when toggling DPI. At least that's what I remember, can't remember much else as I returned my Glaive a while ago. If there is a better way I'm sure someone will chime in.

I had a terrible experience with the Glaive. I returned my first one because the wonky side buttons were sticking when pressed, and the mouse would randomly not turn on after booting into windows until it's unplugged and plugged back in. The replacement I got also did this with the addition of slowing down my PCs boot time by about 30 seconds... Very poor quality for a mouse that costs over $100AUD...

Also be aware it's a heavy mouse. The aluminium version is about 138g. The black version is not a whole lot lighter. There are no removable weights either.

I moved on to a Razer deathadder elite, and then a Steel Series Rival 600. No complaints about either of them. The Razer is light, has great switches, and only costs $84AUD. The steel series 600 is more expensive at about $113AUD but starts light and lets you add weight. It also has the best sensor I've ever used and is a similar size to the Glaive. Might be worth looking into it before pulling the trigger on the Glaive.

• Corsair Employee

Hi gotham2k, CUE doesn't have an official way to turn off the DPI lights yet, but a bunch of the peeps on the forums here have some creative workarounds to turn them off.

For example, setting up a sniper mode with no LEDs lit and entering that mode.

The only other way I know how to do it (besides turning off all lights with the brightness slider to 0), is to use another Corsair mouse with DPI color settings, like the M65 RGB/PRO. You create the profile with M65 connected. Select the DPI setting and set all of the colors to black (0,0,0). Sensor values can be what you want. Disconnect the M65 and then put the Glaive on. Select that DPI setting for your profile and the Glaive will follow the now hidden 0,0,0 guideline.

Archived