Corsair Community

+5V Low Voltage Readings

MisterZugas

I recently built a new computer. The motherboard is an ASUS Z87-PLUS and the processor is an Intel i5-4670. I have a CORSAIR RM Series RM650 650W ATX12V v2.31 and EPS 2.92 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular power supply. Lately I have noticed some issues with the low voltage on the +5V Rail. One day when I walked away from the computer and I came back I noticed the following message on my screen. “Power Supply Surges detected during the previous power on. Asus Anti-Surge was triggered to protect system from unstable power supply. Press F1 to Run Setup.” When I pressed F1 to load the bios, the voltage monitor located in my ASUS Z87-PLUS BIOS showed that t the +5V voltage was dipping really low. I saw the following range for the +5V, 4.440, 4.480, 4.52, 4.56, 4.600. I just built the computer last month and all of the parts were brand new. Could there be a problem with my power supply?

If youcan verify it with a multimeter that would be best. The BIOS can be wrong most of the time or if you are getting those from software of some sort too.

Is it stable or are you having issues?

ASUS antisurge is know to be buggy . There is another thread here on the first page of another user experiencing the same thing.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=125242

If your not experiencing any stability issues i would just disable it.

Thanks for the response peanutz94. Sorry, I do not have a multimeter to test with. :[pouts: This restart and Anti Surge Protection thing has happened to me at least 4 times yesterday. Each time the ASUS bios showed the +5V as being very low.

The only other time I noticed something was when I tried to turn the computer on one day and it would not start. I tried to get it to start multiple times without success. Eventually I unplugged the ATX cable that was connected to the motherboard and plugged it back in. Then I was able to get it to start.

What is the best way to start an Express Replacement? Should I call Corsair? Or there a way to initiate an Express Replacement through their website?

ASUS anti surge is problematic at best. Disable it and your issues should go away.

yes on this. I built a system for a friend with a asus board with that program and she had this problem daily with her corsair ax750 so I disabled the program and problem is gone and has been for about 7 months now.

Archived