Corsair Community

Hey guys. New to the forum so my apologies if I am posting this in the wrong section.

Just purchased the Graphite 780t. Nice case, but I have a few questions.

1) Tried to install my Monsoon DDC Dual Bay Reservoir, and it would not fit. It seems as though that the rails within the drive bay area are about, give or take, 1/2 in longer then normal. I compared the length of the rails against three other cases I have in my possession. The Bitfenix Ronin, the Cooler Master 932 Stacker, and the Bitfenix Neos. All three of these cases were able to house the reservoir with no problem. Was this a design flaw, or was the case not intended to house dual bay reservoirs?

2)I noticed that there is an area at the top most portion of the front panel that suggest it is a LED. However I found no connections within the case to plug the alleged LED into a PSU. Is there suppose to be a LED on the front, minus the fans, or is the area just for aesthetics?

3) The instruction manual is very light on detail. Most of everything is common sense tbh but some things could use some explaining. Is there plans to have a more detailed manual become available?

4) Is there still a NDA on reviewing the case as I have seen no reviews for it since the case was released for sale by Newegg.com last week. I ask as my review site is interested in reviewing the case, but wish not to do so without Corsair's permission.

Please get back to me at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

Posted this in another thread but 3 days, and no replies. Almost 60 views though : )

Tried to install my Monsoon DDC Dual Bay Reservoir in a newly purchased 780T, and it would not fit. It seems as though that the rails within the ODD bay are about, give or take, 1/2 inch longer then normal. I compared the length of the rails against three other cases I have in my possession. The Bitfenix Ronin, the Cooler Master 932 Stacker, and the Bitfenix Neos. All three of these cases were able to house the reservoir with no problem. Is this a design flaw, flaw in this one particular case, or was it not intended to house dual bay reservoirs? I can't think of a logical reason the 780T wouldn't be meant to mount dual bay reservoirs.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Hey guys. New to the forum so my apologies if I am posting this in the wrong section.

Just purchased the Graphite 780t. Nice case, but I have a few questions.

1) Tried to install my Monsoon DDC Dual Bay Reservoir, and it would not fit. It seems as though that the rails within the drive bay area are about, give or take, 1/2 in longer then normal. I compared the length of the rails against three other cases I have in my possession. The Bitfenix Ronin, the Cooler Master 932 Stacker, and the Bitfenix Neos. All three of these cases were able to house the reservoir with no problem. Was this a design flaw, or was the case not intended to house dual bay reservoirs?

2)I noticed that there is an area at the top most portion of the front panel that suggest it is a LED. However I found no connections within the case to plug the alleged LED into a PSU. Is there suppose to be a LED on the front, minus the fans, or is the area just for aesthetics?

3) The instruction manual is very light on detail. Most of everything is common sense tbh but some things could use some explaining. Is there plans to have a more detailed manual become available?

4) Is there still a NDA on reviewing the case as I have seen no reviews for it since the case was released for sale by Newegg.com last week. I ask as my review site is interested in reviewing the case, but wish not to do so without Corsair's permission.

Please get back to me at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

as thenosbod posted, check out the monsoon vid...

at 3:42 in the vid, she mentions the problem you're describing (she mentions the 760t, 450d, and 300r directly...but the vid is from before the 780t launch) - at 4:08 she mentions a fix by removing the divider with pliers, if that's something you're willing to do

as far as the power for the front i/o leds, afaik it's an internal molex connector (12v)

here you can see it at 13:20 in this vid:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

btw, there are plenty of reviews out for this case...yet few of them seem to be discussing water-cooling options in detail -- the one above seems to be the most in-depth thus far

hope this helps!

Thanks for the replies.

Initially I thought the molex connector found with the front panel connectors was an alternate power connector for the fan controller. Then a few days ago I actually thought...wait a minute...plugged it in and was like...oh I'm a dunce lol. She looks purdy with all the lights that are suppose to be on now : )

Ah so @ ODD bay railings. Hmm its a Corsair thing then. I actually had to flatten both railings to allow my res to fit in the 780T. Wanted to see if I missed something when I couldn't fit it in the first time, but guess I didn't. Hmm strange design option IMO.

Yea@ Overclock 3D's review being the most indept in regards to water cooling so far. The majority if not all skip over the mounting a bay res in the case. Some mention you can but don't show it being done. Eh guess if enough people question it they will do follow up reviews.

Thanks again for feedback.

Thanks for the replies.

Initially I thought the molex connector found with the front panel connectors was an alternate power connector for the fan controller. Then a few days ago I actually thought...wait a minute...plugged it in and was like...oh I'm a dunce lol. She looks purdy with all the lights that are suppose to be on now : )

Ah so @ ODD bay railings. Hmm its a Corsair thing then. I actually had to flatten both railings to allow my res to fit in the 780T. Wanted to see if I missed something when I couldn't fit it in the first time, but guess I didn't. Hmm strange design option IMO.

Yea@ Overclock 3D's review being the most indept in regards to water cooling so far. The majority if not all skip over the mounting a bay res in the case. Some mention you can but don't show it being done. Eh guess if enough people question it they will do follow up reviews.

Thanks again for feedback.

Archived