Corsair Community

PC not recognizing Cooler OR Lighting Node Core

ducklaw

I've made some recent upgrades to fans (QL120) and have installed a commander pro and lighting node core. All fans are working and lit up, and the two fans that are plugged into the commander (i.e., not including the fans plugged into the cooler pump header) are visible in icue.

Cooler is H100i RGB Platinum. It is working just fine. Pump is plugged into the CPU Fan. Fans are plugged into the fan headers on the pump. PC is cooling well.

Commander pro functioning and it is recognized and controllable in icue.

Problem: Neither the cooler or the lighting node core can be viewed or controlled in icue or Corsair Link. The USB from the cooler and the USB from the lighting node core both plugged into the commander pro, but neither are visible in Corsair Link, iCue, or device manager.

I ran USBDeview and have attached a PDF showing the list of items. I note that there is one unknown USB device. I have no idea what that is. Some background: I was running my cooler for a long time without the USB plugged in at all. Didn't even know it was there until I decided I wanted to be able to view it and sync it in iCue. That unknown device was showing up in my device manager before I ever plugged in the cooler.

Is it possible the usb inputs on the commander bro aren't working?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled icue and Link several times.

USB Devices List.pdf

Try a repair installation rather than a uninstall/reinstall cycle.

Did you try to change mobo USB header for the CoPro?

How do you connect the SATA headers of all Corsair stuff? Plug them directly into PSU cables, avoid SATA splitters.

Did you try to connect the AIO and LNC USB headers directly to your mobo? Any change?

Baio

Try a repair installation rather than a uninstall/reinstall cycle.

Did you try to change mobo USB header for the CoPro?

How do you connect the SATA headers of all Corsair stuff? Plug them directly into PSU cables, avoid SATA splitters.

Did you try to connect the AIO and LNC USB headers directly to your mobo? Any change?

Baio

Thank you for responding. I'm really frustrated not being able to figure this out. Answers below.

I've done the repair installation, yeah.

LNC and CoPro are indeed connected using SATA splitters, but all have power just fine. Could them not being recognized be caused by a SATA cable issue??? All are fully running and lit, just not recognized.

Will try to connect the AIO or LNC usb direct to the F_USB 9 pin header on the MOBO and will report back.

(Soooo bizarre. Its not the header on the mobo, because the CoPro is plugged into it and it is recognized. Maybe the usb headers on the CoPro????) I'll be back.

UPDATE:

I plugged the H100i straight into the mobo F_USB header (had to unplug the CoPro to do that) and now the H100i is recognized in icue).

Does this mean the CoPro needs to be replaced?

Edited by ducklaw

Do not use a SATA splitter.

There are a couple of problems with this. First, the Corsair RGB makes pretty heavy use of the 5V rail. With 1 device, you won't overload this. With 2 ... you absolutely can. This can lead to melting connectors and/or fire. Do not, under any circumstance, use SATA splitters with the Corsair RGB devices (and, to be honest, don't use them in general).

Second ... make sure that the USB connections on the CoPro aren't off by a pin. This is super-easy to do. Ridiculously easy to do.

Third ... double-check your USB header. There is a new trend among motherboard manufacturers to put a double-row USB header (so all 9 pins) but only have 1 port active/enabled. With the CoPro, one of the USB ports on the header is for the CoPro itself and the other is for the internal USB hub. If that port isn't enabled ... well, no hub.

Thanks DevBiker. Re SATA Splitters: I want to be sure what I'm calling a splitter is the same thing you're thinking of. I am using the SATA that comes straight out of my PSU, with three headers on it. I am NOT using something that splits one of those headers into two separate cables.

Are you saying that the 3-headed cable coming out of the PSU is not recommended?

Thanks DevBiker. Re SATA Splitters: I want to be sure what I'm calling a splitter is the same thing you're thinking of. I am using the SATA that comes straight out of my PSU, with three headers on it. I am NOT using something that splits one of those headers into two separate cables.

Are you saying that the 3-headed cable coming out of the PSU is not recommended?

This is a SATA splitter:

815-BJDA4h-GL-AC-SL1500.jpg

If you are using headers that come directly from your PSU, you are ok.

Baio

Looking at your USB Device List ... the Commander Pro is recognized by Windows so iCUE should see it.

I also see the CoPro's USB hub on the list. So that's good.

Seriously - check to make sure that the USB cables are on the CoPro USB headers straight. This is super-easy to do. I stress this because of how often I've seen it ... and done it.