Corsair Community

QL140 Fan and Lighting Node Core Inquiry

Spasmodic

Hey, all!

I have a quick question regarding QL140 fans and the H100i RGB Platinum SE. In my current setup, I have 2 LL120 case fans hooked up to the Lighting Node Pro. My H100i is also hooked up to the Node Pro. I'm considering upgrading my case soon, and I think I'd like to upgrade the case fans to the QL140's while I'm at it. However, they come with the Lighting Node Core, and I'm curious if my H100i will be compatible with the Node Core? I can't imagine why it wouldn't be, but if anyone has any experience with this, I'd be interested to hear about it! Thanks so much :biggrin:

How do you have the H100i hooked up to the Node Pro?

I think that you have the devices somewhat confused. Please take a look at the RGB FAQ and make sure that you have the devices correct.

The thing is ... the H100i doesn't connect to the Lighting Node Core. It doesn't connect to the Lighting Node Pro either. So ... I don't know what you have going on here.

Oh yeah, right! So sorry, I phrased that terribly and way too generally. The H100i isn't hooked up to the Node Pro. What I meant to say was, the fans on the radiator are hooked up to the splitter that comes with the Node Pro, as well as my case fans.

Oh, just the RGB for the radiator fans. yeah, you can do that. The Platinum coolers dont' support the QL fans anyway so you'd have to put them on the LNC. And that's fine. Just make sure that the PWM is controlled by the cooler.

Thanks a bunch, my man! Sorry for the confusion earlier. In the future, my intention is to keep the LL120 fans on my H100i, but when I get a new chassis, I want to install QL140 fans for intake and exhaust. Those obviously hook up to the Node Core, which left me wondering what would happen to the fans on the H100i. But it appears there won't be any issues at all connecting the fans to the Node Core. I think at most I might have to differentiate the types of fans in iCue when I want to set lighting effects? Something like that, I vaguely remember figuring this out 6 months ago when I built my system and immediately forgot about it :P

In any case, I shouldn't have any problems moving forward, provided I haven't just said something glaringly stupid. It all makes sense in my head xD Thanks again, man!

Edited by Spasmodic