Corsair Community

Corsair H115i Platinum - Loud Pump Noise & iCUE

Defiect

Hello,

I just bought a H115i Platinum RGB yesterday from Best Buy, and installed it (pump is right-side up with the word Corsair being readable in normal pc orientation. Radiator is on inside top of the PC).

When my PC first boots up, there is no pump noise at all, which is great. However, as soon as iCUE starts, there begins a rattling/bubbling noise from the pump. It really sounds like turbulent flow with air bubbles coming out of solution. Furthermore, in iCUE, any attempts at changing the pump's performance profile between "quiet" and "extreme" do not affect the noise nor the reported RPM of the pump from iCUE, even after a reboot.

I have tried laying my pc on its side (non glass side), and for some reason that makes the noise go away. However that isn't a good permanent solution for my desk.

I then discovered that if I just don't run iCUE at all, the pump doesn't make the noise. However, I like iCUE because I also use a corsair Mouse and Keyboard with lighting and keybinding effects.

So I have settled on my current temporary solution, I connected the rad fan headers straight to my mobo for direct control, and I unplugged the USB header for the pump so that iCUE cannot see the AIO unit at all.

This leaves me with a pump and fans that are in rainbow mode constantly, although running a stress test seems to imply that the pump is at least performing well in its default setting.

My question is this: Is there anything I can do to make the pump play nicely with iCUE? Will this problem go away with time? Or is this going to require an RMA?

Thanks in advance

There are about a dozen other posts in this section discussing the difference in sound between the the three speeds on the Platinum/XT coolers with the quiet mode making a gurgling/clicking sound that disappears on the faster balanced and extreme settings. It is likely the pump is switching into quiet mode as iCUE loads. Make sure you are actually apply the other pump speeds to the unit. You must select the preset (quiet/balanced/extreme), it will turn yellow, then select the pump RPM display to apply it. It will ring yellow when applied.

There are about a dozen other posts in this section discussing the difference in sound between the the three speeds on the Platinum/XT coolers with the quiet mode making a gurgling/clicking sound that disappears on the faster balanced and extreme settings. It is likely the pump is switching into quiet mode as iCUE loads. Make sure you are actually apply the other pump speeds to the unit. You must select the preset (quiet/balanced/extreme), it will turn yellow, then select the pump RPM display to apply it. It will ring yellow when applied.

I did indeed do that. After I applied a new profile to the pump, it turned yellow on that profile and grey on the others. No changes of noise nor rpm were observed when changing between Quiet and Extreme

Make sure to click the pump rpm on the right side as well. Both must be yellow. This seems like some type of UI glitch and is not a commonly reported problem. Try a repair installation of the program. Windows Settings -> Apps -> Corsair iCUE. Left click and select modify.