Corsair Community

Can someone provide me with guidance how I can install LS100 strips inside PC Case?

Lettuce

Hey all, first time posting here, just joined the pc family last night and finished my build. Everything works perfectly except the ls100 strips (I was going to use 1 or 2 250MM strips) I bought for the inside of my case. I wanted some type of rgb lighting that was linked w my ICUE environment as I already had the RAM and keyboard from Corsair. I really liked the diffused glow from the LS100 strips and was able to throw it on the top and bottom of my case hidden pretty well. Anyways, I also had a spare Lightning Node Pro around as well to help me w this. So I daisy chained the two strips and then used the y splitter type plug to plug into the Lighting Node in LED channel 1. Connected SATA to the power supply and finally connected the USB to the usb header 2.0 on motherboard. When I boot up, it doesn't turn on. Did I do something wrong or am I missing something here? Would appreciate any help here! Building the pc wasn't too bad but the rgb world is still confusing me...

Also is this even possible or did I mess up buying these

Edited by Lettuce

So ... it is possible to do this.

First, have you installed iCUE and configured the channel? The long LS100 strips have 27 LEDs each and you should be able to daisy-chain them. Configure them in iCUE as 6 strips (you won't be able to set them as LS100 strips).

What is the Y splitter that you reference? What's on the other side of the Y splitter?

So ... it is possible to do this.

First, have you installed iCUE and configured the channel? The long LS100 strips have 27 LEDs each and you should be able to daisy-chain them. Configure them in iCUE as 6 strips (you won't be able to set them as LS100 strips).

What is the Y splitter that you reference? What's on the other side of the Y splitter?

You are a genius! I set them as 6 strips and the strip works perfect inside the case now! The Y cable as per the manual is: *Y Cable (Power Extension Cable to ensure LEDs receive adequate power delivery in dual monitor setups). I'm using it right now w the node pro though. There is no voltage issue w this strip in a case right? I'm just using 1 250 mm strip and maybe adding one more 250mm strip. Not going to use 4..