Corsair Community

XG7 RGB 20-SERIES (2080 FE Rev.B) question

nerdballer

Ok, so I did some searching and I've seen this question asked and answered in various scenarios for the most part, but I really just want to get some validation as I'm also running into conflicting information from Corsair's website. I've had a hard time getting someone from Corsair to answer my question so I thought I'd give it a shot here.

I have an NVIDIA 2080 Super Founders Edition GPU. I bought this one specifically for maximum waterblock compatibility :biggrin:. When going through the Configurator for the Hydro X series, it gives me two options for the GPU waterblock:

Option 1 (default/preferred): XG7 RGB 20-SERIES (2080 FE)

Option 2: XG7 RGB 20-SERIES (2080 FE Rev.B)

Once I get out of the Configurator and have it add all of the stuff to my cart, I notice that the 2080 FE is out of stock. So I went ahead and just added the 2080 FE Rev.B version to my cart since the Configurator said it's A-OK. But when I go to the product page for 2080 FE Rev.B and look at the compatibility section, it says that my founders edition 2080 Super is NOT compatible and points me to the variety that's out-of-stock.

So this is where I'm all turned around. Why would the Configurator suggest both options as compatible while the product page for 2080 FE Rev.B says it's not? I'm happy to go with either option so long as they're compatible, but I don't want to pull the trigger until I know for sure.

If anyone has any insight on this, or has successfully mounted the Rev.B version to a 2080 Super Founders edition, I'd really appreciate the validation!

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Greg

Need your wisdom.

I purchased a EVGA 2070 super black 08G-P4-3071.

its listed as compatible with the XG7 2080 FE but NOT with the rev.b.

Please tell them are cross compatible and that's a website error??

Hi,

Following up on what Greg said it is an error. We had a report from someone else about the same thing and we asked the team that controls that compatibility tool to take a look at it. The Rev.B block will work with your 2070 super.

Thanks for the reply Mike. Just a bit hectic with all the different types of cards and blocks. I ordered the card based on the 2080 FE so when i seen the rev.b not compatible i was :bigeyes: thanks again for the response and clearing that up. The water block is the last piece of my corsair ecosystem so im stoked to get it up and running.