Corsair Community

6 LL120 Fans Graphing & Commander Pro Effects

AlleFTW

Hi! I have been looking for a fix for this problem im having but i haven't found anyone who have had the same problem as me. So to start this thread of im going to say that only 3 out of 6 LL120 fans show up in graphing in Icue. When i turn on lightning link to all my products, all the fans show up in rgb but 3/6 of the fans isn't synced. The fans that show up in graphing are 3,4 and 6 but not 1,2 and 5. Ive tried uninstalling the commander pro and reinstalling it and updating everything and uninstalling icue and installing it again with a other version or the updated version and plugging out all the cables for the fans and commander pro and plug it all in. But still i can't seem to get it all synced and working on graphing/syncing effects in general. There are no cables loose or not plugged in correctly. All cables are plugged in correct into the fanhub and into the commander pro. I have no idea how to fix this problem im having and i hope some of you can find a way to fix this problem.

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.bc26ef7051fe114d65847b5489050137.png

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.e8c9afdb76c51e6c76b0e10d2261d662.png

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.c083b6b8bc186f0df6ac3af9f18aaf08.png

The settings on the commander pro was set to auto on all fan ports, so i changed them all to 4-pin and they all showed up in the graphing section. But now there is another problem which is that the fan speed dosen't show up on the graphing on the other 3 fans and the channels are correctly setup, ive changed it a couple of times but it is where it's supposed to be at. The fans are connected to the fan hub which goes to the commander pro which goes in to the motherboard, so there should be no problem.

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.34e32b50c202406f70fc4a17e7e46f8d.png

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.3c9e2e4e531241b80bedc07674b0fabe.png

The fans are connected to the fan hub which goes to the commander pro which goes in to the motherboard, so there should be no problem.

What kind of fan hub? Do you need another fan hub plus the 6 port fan controller? The obvious thing to try is connecting the fans directly into the Commander Pro and see if their speed registers.

Did you just say what kind of fan hub? There is only 1 fan hub from corsair.... I got another extra fun hub but it wont change anything. The fans are connected to the commander pro and without the fan hub it still wouldn't change anything, only that the rgb lights wont show up since the fan hub isn't connected to the fans or anything.

I think (hopefully) you have some terms crossed. This item is not a fan hub but a RGB Lighting Hub. Essential for the lighting, but not related to fan power or tachometer detection. Your description suggests you are using some type of powered fan hub plugged into the Commander Pro. The RGB Lighting Hub is not a fan hub.

If you move one of the LL fan connectors from one of the non-registering headers to 3,4, or 6, does it then show up with a fan speed? (ports vs fan defect)

Are you running any other monitoring software like AIDA, HWINFO, or motherboard specific stuff like AI Suite? AIDA in particular has caused fan sensor reading problems on the C-Pro.

I think (hopefully) you have some terms crossed. This item is not a fan hub but a RGB Lighting Hub. Essential for the lighting, but not related to fan power or tachometer detection. Your description suggests you are using some type of powered fan hub plugged into the Commander Pro. The RGB Lighting Hub is not a fan hub.

If you move one of the LL fan connectors from one of the non-registering headers to 3,4, or 6, does it then show up with a fan speed? (ports vs fan defect)

Are you running any other monitoring software like AIDA, HWINFO, or motherboard specific stuff like AI Suite? AIDA in particular has caused fan sensor reading problems on the C-Pro.

By "you have some terms crossed" You mean the 1-4 temperatures that you get with the commander pro which is fan/rgb hub all in one but a regular fan hub is needed to actually get the rgb to work which is the original fan hub and yes it is called fan hub which comes with the crystal 570x case that i got. The temperatures are connected to the commander pro and also the fans that makes them starts spinning but its super weird that it's not showing all fans but only 3/6 fans in the graphing in icue. It's called a fan hub which everyone that got crystal 570x have and no other. The fan hub is not giving rgb but if you connect a 3 or 4pin connector from the fan hub to the commander pro at either lightning channel 1 or 2, you get access to all rgb goodness. When i change any fan to the other ports it's still the same fan speed but with another number i mean if i change fan 1 to 3 then 3 will still work but if i put the 3 into 1, it still wont work. So that might mean that my commander pro is broken, but that dosen't still explain why the other 3 ports are woking + temps. Im not running AIDA,HWINFO when im using my pc but when i do i usually just close them in taskmanager and in hidden icons. AI Suite i run all the time which i actually tried to optimize the fan speeds but it made no change, it only tuned the fans up to the max but didn't change so that the fans would show up in any program. Should i try to close ICue and AI Suite and then reopen icue to see if it made any changes to the fan speeds of 1,2 and 5 ports? That's like the only thing i haven't tried. If that dosen't work i can 100% assume that the commander pro is damaged and a new is needed to fix the ports that dosen't work.

The RGB Lighting Hub is just lighting. You can throw it out the window and it will have no impact on the fan speed. The only way to get 16 bright LEDs on a fan is to split the fan motor and fan lighting into different electrical pathways. The RGB Lighting Hub is the RGB LED circuit and also explains why it needs its own power source. Thankfully this works, so no need to touch it.

If the same ports are dead every time, then that rules out the fans and points back to the device itself. However, there is a definite chance AI Suite is the problem. Usually you get other scrambled data as well like 3/5/12v voltages in the wrong place, ridiculous values like 3.45 vcore, 226C temp probes, etc. The good news is you shouldn’t need it and hopefully the C-Pro is meant to be the replacement. AI Suite is a terrible monitor with slow polling and limited display options. You shouldn’t use it to overclock or change BIOS settings. It’s last redeeming quality is as a desktop fan controller, but now you have iCUE + C-Pro for that. Hopefully quitting AI Suite will be enough, but probably not. You may need to go into the task manager and kill the associated processes like “Fan helper”, DIP away mode, etc. I am not sure I know them all any more. I would tell you to uninstall and use the Asus driver cleaner to get it all out, but if the C-Pro is still not working you may need AI a little longer. Make sure you quit and restart iCUE and it’s two services Corsair Display and Corsair Service 32 bit after you close down AI Suite. This is necessary to reset the iCUE driver after a conflict. There is a restart iCUE services button in the app, but I have not tested its effectiveness in this situation.

I closed every Asus Process and Corsair services in task manager and used Asus driver cleaner to remove AI Suite. I started Icue and restarted the services and looked at the graphing at the commander pro but the fan speeds is still not showing up. The only solution i have found is that the commander pro i have is broken and i am need of a new commander pro. Well Thanks for trying to help me :)

I closed every Asus Process and Corsair services in task manager and used Asus driver cleaner to remove AI Suite. I started Icue and restarted the services and looked at the graphing at the commander pro but the fan speeds is still not showing up. The only solution i have found is that the commander pro i have is broken and i am need of a new commander pro. Well Thanks for trying to help me :)

At this point, I'd have to agree that this is likely. Open a support ticket and see what they say.

Archived