Corsair Community

K95 Platinum Price Drop Already

wilmer007

over on Amazon the K95 Platinum has already seen two price drops in the last 1-2 weeks. as of yesterday it has gone for the lowest price till date of $170.

Corsair why are you dropping the price after only 2 months after release?

have sales not been where you expected them to be?

maybe it's the fact that the K95 RGB (a 2.5 year old product) is actually at $180 which is more expensive than a 2 month old product.

it seems to me like the world has spoken. in that the K95 RGB is more preferred than the K95 Platinum. hmm i wonder why, oh that's right you took off 12 macro keys and put a price tag of $200.

as much as this price is tempting for me to buy i will still be holding out for the K95 Rapidfire RGB if it ever happens since i'm waiting for MX Speed with 12 extra macro keys. and judging by the increase in price of the K95 RGB and the price drop of the K95 platinum it will happen eventually rather than never.

LOL So salty, deal with it...

why would i be salty when a 2 month old product has already had a $30 price drop while the model it replaced is selling for more than the newer product. it means the world has spoken that they do not want the K95 Platinum and they prefer the non platinum instead.

my money ain't leaving my wallet (and alot of other people's wallets) until an 18 key macro K95 with MX Speed is available.

• Corsair Employee
Everyone has their own "wants" for an ideal keyboard. Some people see the use for 18 macros and some don't, but saying that the world has spoken is not a proper way to put this price drop. Like any product, there are promotions or incentives after a period of time. Just because it's at a lower than released price for this week doesn't mean anything other than the fact that it's a promotional deal.

Well you may keep waiting for that keyboard that you want, until "the world" speaks it's not likely going to happen... Why do you need that many macros on a keyboard?

some people play MMOs and RTS games such as Starcraft and the extra macros are a must have. now picture a Starcraft tournament where MX speed switches make the difference between a professional player winning and losing a tournament and then combine that with one player using a keyboard that has less macro keys than the other player. obviously i am not a professional starcraft player but i still see the need of extra macro keys aswell as the extra inputs you get out of MX Speed switches.

Everyone has their own "wants" for an ideal keyboard. Some people see the use for 18 macros and some don't, but saying that the world has spoken is not a proper way to put this price drop. Like any product, there are promotions or incentives after a period of time. Just because it's at a lower than released price for this week doesn't mean anything other than the fact that it's a promotional deal.

ok so can we get a 18 macro MX Speed version already. this is long overdue especially when the MX Speed switches are already a year old. hell i'm willing to bet there's people out there who are also waiting for 18 macros with MX Silent switches.

Archived