Corsair Community

Corsair Graphite 600T fan controller replacement

Smith

Hi There

I filled out an RMA last week Thursday and sent a mail to confirm that it had been completed, I then received mail saying a should return the defective part which I ignored as specified in the original mail I received with a link to my case number. I haven't heard anything since then and if I check my RMA status its still standing on waiting for the defective part.

I would just like to know what the progress of this is and when I can be expecting my replacement part. My case no is 5562209.

Thanks

So Tuner, what makes a "crappy" transistor? Do you have any idea of makes or part numbers or if any of them were the exact problem?

I filled out an RMA last week Thursday and sent a mail to confirm that it had been completed, I then received mail saying a should return the defective part which I ignored as specified in the original mail I received with a link to my case number. I haven't heard anything since then and if I check my RMA status its still standing on waiting for the defective part.

Smith, it usually takes about 3-5 business days to process. Then they usually just send the parts out and most people recieve those parts before the status is updated.

You could call CS on the toll free number and find out immediately where it's at in the process. But total turn around time would be 7-10 business days.

Edited by peanutz94

sure i have, they need to be larger and more powerful, maybe with small radiator, it would be enough to have only 2 of them for 4~6 coolers. 4 SMD transistors for 4 channel coolers is the worst (cheapest) idea ever.

Futhermore the regulation of voltage is minimal 10V minimum and 12V max, it's not enough compared to other fan panels where is 4~5V minimum voltage

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi guys.

I'm brand new here (registered for a bad reason). The fan controller of my 600T died on me today.

At first one of the fans stopped working (the large one in the front). Minutes later one of the two fans of the liquid cooling H100 stopped working as well.

At first I thought it was the fans that failed, but once I swapped the connectors, they started working fine and the other two ones stopped spinning.

So I disassembled the case and found that the PCB of the controller was a bit black around the transistors.

I went to the local electronics shop to attempt to find the transistors but I was told they are high power, and can't be found (only online).

But then I thought about warranty... So, where is that RMA form that I have to fill in to have mine replaced?

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/858/20130604114128.jpg

Edited by PrinceOfAbyss

Yes, I found it, and created the ticket, however I left blank the field for the case's LOT code as I couldn't find it.

It's mentioned that for cases the code is located on the case’s back panel. However I couldn't find it.

Additionally, when I had to choose a part number I entered CC600T-ACCKIT which corresponds to Graphite 600T accessory kit.

I hope I haven't made any mistake as the ticket has received no response yet (created yesterday 9:20AM, whatever their system's time zone is set to).

• Corsair Employee
Yes, I found it, and created the ticket, however I left blank the field for the case's LOT code as I couldn't find it.

It's mentioned that for cases the code is located on the case’s back panel. However I couldn't find it.

Additionally, when I had to choose a part number I entered CC600T-ACCKIT which corresponds to Graphite 600T accessory kit.

I hope I haven't made any mistake as the ticket has received no response yet (created yesterday 9:20AM, whatever their system's time zone is set to).

PrinceOfAbyss, what is your rma#?

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot to post here that I received my replacement part this Monday!!!

The transistors used in the replacement part are the same as in the stock part, but the changes on the printed circuit are obvious (much more copper areas on the new).

So, thanks a LOT Corsair for the fast response and SUPER fast delivery (I suspect you, RAM GUY, are the one who took care of it). :)

Edit: Here is a picture of both for comparison reasons (I had disoldered the faulty transistors to inspect the damage...):

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/3973/gkw7.jpg

Edited by PrinceOfAbyss

• 4 weeks later...

Between two boards in a comparison picture, Each looks different from each other in terms of PCB design as well. The circuit is same but the trace design look different. The first one uses more copper than the second one. I can see that the second one does not have transistors' pads too. Is it only me or it definitely is an HASL board?

pcb assembly

Edited by sevan84

• 3 weeks later...

I have had my fan controller replaced about 10 months ago now this fan controller has the same issue as the last one can i rma again?

And will the replacement fan controller actually be any better then the last one?

Also is there a recomended fan setup?

Kind regards

Andre

• Corsair Employee
I have had my fan controller replaced about 10 months ago now this fan controller has the same issue as the last one can i rma again?

And will the replacement fan controller actually be any better then the last one?

Also is there a recomended fan setup?

Kind regards

Andre

Hello Juggler, If the unit is still under warrant, submit a RMA and we will send you a replacement. please also attach a copy of the original invoice to your ticket.

• Corsair Employee
How do i know if it is still under warrant? I bought the case in july 2012.

Thanks for the quick response.

Juggler,

As long as you still have the original invoice for us to verify, we will be able to take care of you.