The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Memory

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-26-2020, 12:56 PM

POST ID # = 1036097
badlands Reputation: 10
Default Are these Corsair memories dual channel compatible

Hey all. So i bought my Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 memory back in 2015, CPU-Z tells me the Part Number is: CM3X8GA1600C10V2

I was checking if i could still find a stick that will dual channel with this old one im currently using, and i found one with the following SKU number in a store here in my country:

CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10

Then i found this page about the memory: https://www.corsair.com/br/pt/Catego...3X8GA1600C10V2

As you can see, both of the codes (CM3X8GA1600C10V2 and CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10) can be seen in the page above as belonging to the same memory.

In case you missed it, CM3X8GA1600C10V2 is shown just above the title, in smaller sized letters, lighter color.

Even with that im still a bit skeptical that they will dual channel, because i bought mine so long ago (end of 2015), and im afraid these more recently fabricated ones will not dual channel with mine.

Just looking for some opinions if you guys think they will dual channel or not, before i buy the new one. Thanks!

Last edited by badlands; 02-26-2020 at 12:59 PM.

Old 02-27-2020, 10:30 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1036190
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

The answer is always maybe. Combing two different single sticks manufactured as much as 5 years apart may not work out. Combining mixed kits can cause issues even when they are the same. You may want to price the cost of a new 2x8 DDR3 kit with desired frequency and timings vs the price of the single 8GB + the cost of returning it and decide if it's worth the risk.

Old 02-27-2020, 11:06 AM

POST ID # = 1036199

Hey, yeah it might be too much of a gamble, thank you for the insight.

Old 02-27-2020, 01:04 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair CJ's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1036211
Corsair CJ Reputation: 42

As C-Attack said, mixing kits can introduce odd behavior.

It should still work in dual channel, however you may run into issues getting the rated speed through XMP for these sticks since you're mixing kits.

If you end up having issues, I'd suggest returning the newer stick and trying to get a kit with two modules as already suggested since those modules would have been tested as a pair.

If you have a customer/technical support question please post a thread in the appropriate section of the forum or submit a ticket here:CORSAIR Support Portal

CORSAIR Hydro X Series Tutorial Playlist

CORSAIR iCUE Software Tutorial Playlist

Info/Diagrams for Setting Up CORSAIR RGB Fans, Strips, ETC

Old 02-27-2020, 11:06 PM

POST ID # = 1036260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair CJ View Post
As C-Attack said, mixing kits can introduce odd behavior.

It should still work in dual channel, however you may run into issues getting the rated speed through XMP for these sticks since you're mixing kits.

If you end up having issues, I'd suggest returning the newer stick and trying to get a kit with two modules as already suggested since those modules would have been tested as a pair.
Understood, thanks!

Old 02-28-2020, 02:48 PM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1036312
Technobeard Reputation: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlands View Post
As you can see, both of the codes (CM3X8GA1600C10V2 and CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10) can be seen in the page above as belonging to the same memory.

In case you missed it, CM3X8GA1600C10V2 is shown just above the title, in smaller sized letters, lighter color.
Those are two different part numbers that should not be on the same product page. I've asked for it to be fixed.

Old 02-29-2020, 02:55 AM

POST ID # = 1036370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technobeard View Post
Those are two different part numbers that should not be on the same product page. I've asked for it to be fixed.
Ah, thats good to know, was kinda wondering why there was 2 numbers referring to the same stick. Thanks!