Corsair Community

H80i Sloshing Sound

GaryLiao

Hi Everyone,

I was so excited today that my local shop got the H80i stock, immediately went out to get one as I will be building a new rig soon. I unboxed the cooling unit just to get a good look at it, but I found that tilting or shaking the radiator would make a sloshing noise.

Is this normal behaviour? Is the loop supposed to be filled until there is no air inside?

It would be great if someone here informed me as to whether or not this is normal for these closed loop systems. It's my first intro to water cooling so I have no idea what to expect at this point.

Thanks!

I don't think they will let me open it :P they only have another 4 units in stock. Although I say it's "local" it's really an hour long bus ride for me.

Do you happen to own the H80 or H80i?

Well, if anyone does would you mind unmounting it for a moment from the case and just shaking it a little? Any form of confirmation (negative or positive) would help me decide what exactly to do next!

Thanks,

I don't think they will let me open it :P they only have another 4 units in stock. Although I say it's "local" it's really an hour long bus ride for me.

Do you happen to own the H80 or H80i?

Well, if anyone does would you mind unmounting it for a moment from the case and just shaking it a little? Any form of confirmation (negative or positive) would help me decide what exactly to do next!

Thanks,

I use air cooling but I will call my friend who has a H100i and see if his has the noise. I will post results ASAP

Archived