Corsair Community

No option for lighting on ML RGB Fans

Zmansupreme

No option for lighting on ML RGB Fans connected to my commander pro, apart from the one that I have, I'm not sure if its okay to "pretend" its a different fan, or if it might break something by doing that, is there any way to enable ML RGB fans, or have they just not been coded in?

Untitled.thumb.jpg.9d2d8a53362180bddb55af85c48c0df7.jpg

• Corsair Employee
No option for lighting on ML RGB Fans connected to my commander pro, apart from the one that I have, I'm not sure if its okay to "pretend" its a different fan, or if it might break something by doing that, is there any way to enable ML RGB fans, or have they just not been coded in?

Hi there,

ML RGB will be officially added in the next major release of iCUE (3.2).

You can fake ML RGB support by treating them as HD, LL, or RGB LED strips.

For reference: ML RGB uses 4 LEDs, HD RGB uses 12 LEDs, LL RGB uses 16 LEDs.

With this in mind, you can try the following and it'd actually look pretty good (static colors will work of course as long as the total number of LEDs is less than or equal to the total number of LEDs you're telling iCUE to address through the Lighting Setup options).

If you have 3 ML RGB fans:

That'd be a total of 12 LEDs and you could cover all three fans by treating them as a single HD RGB fan.

If you have 6 ML RGB fans:

That'd be a total of 24 LEDs and you'd get full coverage if you treat them as 2 HD RGB fans in software.

Archived