Corsair Community

Buzzing noise - Defective RM650x (2018 Model) ?

IAB

Bought a New RM650x (2018 Model) a few days ago ready for a brand new build and on putting the PC together I am concerned about the buzzing noise the PSU makes when the PC is not powered up - by this I mean when I switch on the PC at the wall the PSU immediately starts making a quite loud buzzing noise but as soon as the PC on button is pressed (PC powers up) this buzzing noise mostly disappears.

Should I be returning this as defective ?

Thx

Ian

• 4 months later...

I have the same issue (standby noise) with the brand new RM650x 2018.

I connect PSU to only motherboard (Asrock X470 Master SLI), then turn PSU on, I can hear noise like coil whine.

someone has same issue.

Corsair RM650X Standby noise

[ame]

[/ame]

RM650x Buzzing Noise When PC not working

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=185312

RM750X V2 buzzing noise while PC is off

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=185347

I already checked to plugged directly into the wall socket, and connect to a different wall outlet as well.

If I replace it, is it fixed? Or is this a specification?

is the psu plugged directly into the wall socket or are you using a UPS?

In any case, I think it's best that you replace it.

Also, check to see if the PSU makes this noise when connected to a different wall outlet as well.

Interesting how you choose to ignore some users and help some others.

I have the same issue (standby noise) with the brand new RM650x 2018.

I connect PSU to only motherboard (Asrock X470 Master SLI), then turn PSU on, I can hear noise like coil whine.

someone has same issue.

I already checked to plugged directly into the wall socket, and connect to a different wall outlet as well.

If I replace it, is it fixed? Or is this a specification?

Plugging into wall socket or different outlet makes no difference at all.

By the way, since I haven't got any help being completely ignored here, I spoke to Corsair official support and they proposed to replace it right away.

This probably means they are faulty.

FYI, I'm terribly disappointed with Corsair and decided to ask for a full refund from the store where I bought the RM750X unit.

I've already bought an EVGA P2 650 (Platinum rated too): it doesn't have any buzzing, whining or whatever. Even when in standby it's DEAD silent.

Only complaint, each of the two PCI cables are 6 + (6+2), meaning I have to use both if I want to use a 2x8 pin gpu, running an extra unnecessary cable.

Should've bought the 750 which was 5 € more, but I giving I'm not interested in multigpu scenarios I thought it was too much. Honestly wasn't expecting EVGA cheaping out on cables, but hey, I'll take an extra cable any day over the unit making wierd noises while being brand new.

So far two of the three Corsair PSUs units I've owned have been defective... best part is the only one which haven't been showing issues it's the cheapest of the three (a bronze rated CX 430 or something)

Archived