Corsair Community

Motherboard mounting bolt on Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition

picmanic

You'll have to forgive my ignorance on this. Been a few years since I last built a PC. It's just that I don't recall a motherboard 'alignment mounting bolt' in my last PC case. Useful for aligning board but now have questions...

New build is in progress with the Asus Prime Z370-A (socket 1151) ATX motherboard in the Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition. With the 'bolt' using the centre motherboard hole I cannot obviously use all 9 screws as m/b manual recommends.

Is the 'bolt' (like an upturned screw) okay to leave protruding bare through centre of board? Was there another type of stand-off I should have applied to this bolt before securing board in case? Will this part of board be supported enough when I install components to the board?

Probably stupid questions to ask but like I said been a while since I last installed a board. I guess I'm just checking I haven't missed something and seeing it is the case which is raising doubts...

Any help/reassurance appreciated.

Thanks

• Corsair Employee
You'll have to forgive my ignorance on this. Been a few years since I last built a PC. It's just that I don't recall a motherboard 'alignment mounting bolt' in my last PC case. Useful for aligning board but now have questions...

New build is in progress with the Asus Prime Z370-A (socket 1151) ATX motherboard in the Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition. With the 'bolt' using the centre motherboard hole I cannot obviously use all 9 screws as m/b manual recommends.

Is the 'bolt' (like an upturned screw) okay to leave protruding bare through centre of board? Was there another type of stand-off I should have applied to this bolt before securing board in case? Will this part of board be supported enough when I install components to the board?

Probably stupid questions to ask but like I said been a while since I last installed a board. I guess I'm just checking I haven't missed something and seeing it is the case which is raising doubts...

Any help/reassurance appreciated.

Thanks

No worries, when it comes to expensive components, there’s no such thing as stupid question!

The screw you’re describing is just a ‘place holder’ there’s no “cap” or anything to attach to it. Happy building!

Archived