Corsair Community

H100i LEDs and Link not working

thejake

Recently the LEDs on my H100i started going out (was unable to turn them on through Link), so I upgraded to firmware v1.0.5, following the directions closely. Now, not only do the LEDs not turn on, but the H100i is not detected by Link altogether.

Some things I've tried:

1. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Link, using the version 2.3.4816, as well as 2.2.0 and 2.1.7. None worked.
  2. I tried changing the USB header the H100i was connected to on the motherboard, as well as a mini USB B to A cable to the front and rear of the case, none of which worked.

I have not been able to flash the firmware to an earlier version as it is not recognized by Link.

(I opened an RMA request, but it has been over 24 hours without reply, and I would appreciate any help I can get.)

Recently the LEDs on my H100i started going out (was unable to turn them on through Link), so I upgraded to firmware v1.0.5, following the directions closely. Now, not only do the LEDs not turn on, but the H100i is not detected by Link altogether.

Updating the FW or software isn't going to do anything for a unit that has been working fine until noww. Just use the link on the left to have it RM'd.

wytnyt: Thanks, did not notice that! I tried it (2.4.4948), both with the usb header and with a mini USB B to A cable, but sadly it still did not find the H100i.

peanutz94: I opened an rma request over 30 hours ago, but Corsair has not responded yet and I'd like to try whatever I can.

peanutz94: I opened an rma request over 30 hours ago, but Corsair has not responded yet and I'd like to try whatever I can.

I understand. But if there were no other changes to your system and the unit starts acting up or not working correctly, you can be sure that it is failing and needs replaced.

RAM GUY: RMA #6018702. I don't think I need anything else, as I received the "RMA has been processed email" on Sunday and shipped the device using the included label on Monday, but thank you anyway!

Archived