Corsair Community

Corsair GS 600 an spinning problems

E-matlet

Hello everyone! I have bought a corsair GS 600 power supply about a month ago, and so far I have been very satisfied with it. I have been playing 3D games like normal, and the power supply has stayed very quiet. Recently however, I encountered a problem with it's fan(I am fully aware that the psu's fan does NOT spin unless it is under heavy load). When starting up a 3D game it doesn't spin it's fan for a few minutes because it is still relatively cool. After a while though, it begins to spin. Now here's the problem. When the power supply chooses it is too hot and starts spinning it's fan, it stops spinning very quickly, less than a minute after it started, and the noise it makes when the fan starts AND stops is very disturbing. So, I have no idea why, but the fan keeps turning on and off and on and off continuously, instead of remaining stationary or spinning. Is there something I can do to fix this? Thank you very much for reading and for your help.

There was an issue that was identified with these PSU and the fan controllers. Basically when it starts to cool down as you say after it warms up the fan controller gets stuck deciding if it should stay on or stop. Maybe because it is just on the verge of being too hot or too cool or a combination of the temp and load it's under. Since they have identified the issue changes have already been made at the production level

The bad news is that other than RMA'ing it there is no fix . But i would suggest you RMA with Corsair directly so yo get a unit that does not have that issue. They wil have new stock long before any of the retailers do ,so your best bet is to send it directly to them so you are assured new stock.

The good news is that it will not hurt anything to continue to use the PSU until your new unit arrives. Except maybe your ears:)

Just use the link on the left to request an RMA and if you can not be without a working computer once you receive your RMA or case number call CS by phone and ask them about an advanced replacement. But it will require a phone call because that is something that can not be arranged here through tech support.

You can find the number on the main website page under contact and if you happen to be out of the USA you can instal and use SKYPE to make the call to the toll free number for nothing.

Cheers!

Thank you very much for replying. Now, I will certainly get it replaced, but are you telling me that I can buy another gs 600 and it will not have the issue my current gs 600 has?

Right now i would not buy another one UNLESS you purchase it directly from the Corsair store. Other retailers will still probably have old stock that would have the same issue. .

This is why i suggested to RMA with Corsair direct. :)

Archived