Corsair Community

If we can renew the design of air 540 in 2019...

xjh0528

Hello Corsair fans and workers,

Carbide Air 540 ATX Cube is my favorite case. I hate those cases with too much tempered glass such as lianli o11d. However, the design of 540 is kinda old. There is no type c on the front panel and something like that. I just wonder if we have a chance to renew the 540 design. I'm using a HEDT PC so my advice is based on the HEDT platform and here are my suggestions:

1.Add some type-c to the front pannel

2.Move the bottom HDD to PSU chamber and change the bottom design so it can fit RGB SSDs and radiator. Now we already have RGB SSDs but it is hidden at the back and I just find it quite embarassing.

3.Add some HDD slots in the PSU chamber that support hot swap on the front side of the case. Just under the 5.25 slots. So I hope that in the PSU chamber we got PSU and HDD/SSD slots at the rear and 5.25*2+HDD hotswaps at the front.

4.The case can be a little longer to fit the EATX mobos better.

5.I also hope that new case can fit the corsair radiators, pumps, and iCue software.

6.Just please don't add more glass.

I'm not professional so these are my immature thoughts. I know I'm conservative and I'm against the trend. You guys may diagree with but it is just my wish. Maybe one day I can get my CNC machine and improve the case by myself.

Thank you guys for reading.

The Air 740 was the successor to the 540 and ticked most of your boxes, save the USB-C. I loved my 540s and wasn't sure about it at first, but now it would be pretty difficult to go back. Unfortunately, the 740 seems to have been effectively replaced by the 680X referenced above, which is the same frame with glass paneling instead of ridged plastic. Ironically you can find a 540 almost anywhere while the 740 is essentially gone.

I am all for more cube-like cases. There are only so many ways you can arrange a desktop tower and most are all the same to me. It would be nice to have a mid-size in something other than the skinny “not quite tall enough” rectangle. I am holding out for the 940 Super Cube of my dreams, big enough to hold a 540 on the inside.

Edited by c-attack

I too would like an updated 540 style case. I'd like to keep the basic looks of the 540, with the flat front and black mesh grill, just scaled up. Be able to fit a 480mm radiator in the front, a 360 in the top, and a 240 in the rear all at once with enough clearance for fittings. The bottom could have space for a 360 rad or just intake fans. I'd still like 1 5.25" bay as I keep one BD-XL drive for backing up blurays to a NAS.

Even some optimizations for other Corsair products, such as easy mount points for 2 commander pro's to control all the fans/pumps a fully loaded system could have.

I've looked at the 1000D, but its just too big for my desk, whereas a scaled up 540 would work well.