Corsair Community

Not Enough Voltage To My LED Strips?

mikexsmith

I am having a remarkable amount of trouble trying to come up with solutions to why my Corsair Lighting Node Pro and the 4 LED strips that come with is will never remain working after a reboot of the PC. I have tried the firmware solutions that have been suggested to everyone else, as well as trying to connect to several different USB hubs on the MOBO. I have even tried sever different SATA connections to the node itself, nothing seems to keep the lights working after I reboot the computer. Sometimes the will come on and be recognized by Corsair Link, then after I am finished customizing the lights to my liking, I restart the computer to make sure everything is working the way that I want them to. But every reboot they turn off. At this point I can only assume that my Corsair CX750M PSU isnt supplying them with enough power on reboot and the wont turn on for that reason. I am unsure how to tell if my PSU gives out enough voltage to handle the light strips, but i would like to find out if I will be able to use these strips or if I'm going to have to take them back to the store. Any advice would be helpful, I've been working on this for two straight days and it's beginning to get a bit frustrating. Thank you!

I agree.. cant see it being the PSU my self if the rest of the system is ok.. i run 4 node pro's.. 40 strips.. commander pro with 2 RGB fan hubs with 6 x LL fans and 6 x Hd fans on it.. RM850i and its not even touching it.. at all lol. currently using around 90 watts total for all the above and the system it's self. got video running on one screen and surfing on the other 2 so no great load.. but still shows how little the nodes etc use)

What version of LINK are you using duder?

And have you tried iCue?

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/icue

this is in beta form still but works very well. it replaces both LINK and Cue.. all controls in one place.

You mentioned trying several different USB hubs ... can you describe how this is connected to your motherboard? Are these hubs powered or unpowered? Have you tried using a mini USB cable and routing to the back of the motherboard?

The Lighting Node Pro's internal processor appears, at least from what I can tell, to be powered by the USB connection, not from the PSU. So you could have an issue with not enough power to the NoPro if there's something amiss with the USB connection.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry I'm a little late to the party, but you might want to double-check that you are using the correct cables. Unfortunately the 'power' extension cords (CoPro to LEDs) and the 'network' cables (CoPro to lighting hub) both interconnect, but if you use the network cord to connect the strips to the CoPro, it won't work. Been there, done that.

Archived