Corsair Community

Number and symbol keys don't fully light up

ultimal

Is the lighting up of only the top half of the key, i.e. just the characters on top of the number keys and not the numbers themselves, light up; intended behavior?

I am experiencing the same with the symbols as well. All that lights up is the top half of the key, e.g. Enter only has the word Enter lit, the arrow is off. Same with Shift.

Is the lighting up of only the top half of the key, i.e. just the characters on top of the number keys and not the numbers themselves, light up; intended behavior?

I am experiencing the same with the symbols as well. All that lights up is the top half of the key, e.g. Enter only has the word Enter lit, the arrow is off. Same with Shift.

Sadly Corsair went with a more traditional layout for the etching on the keys, IE number & symbol one on top of each other. If they had went to have them both side by side, and placed near the top of the key it would have probably removed this issue.

As far as I know it's just a physical limitation considering that although the switch is transparent, the post of the cherry mx switch isn't, and the LED is dead center with it. So the bottom center part of the key will get the less amount of light of the entire surface. :/

There are some translucent keys out there, and they look amazing!

Check out a thread I had posted a while back for a preview. :D

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135654

What is it good for to use translucent caps when the chars on the caps are no more lit? - Of course it looks cool but without ability to type without looking this makes it a hard time.

I never will understand why a manufacturer is doing such mistakes - putting chars on top side by side gives evenly lit chars without additional cost - you just have to do it.

Thankfully there are other manufacturers out there doing it the right way - not many but there are.

My K65 has all of the keys lit up properly, so I don't know if I'm a lucky one on that front or if you're unlucky.

It's not that one of the keys doesn't light up. He's specifically referring to the bottom part of the keys. If you look at your NumPad for example, if you look at the Number 7, 9, 1 and 3. Where it also has text underneath the number. (Home, PGUP, etc.)

Well because of the fact there is a plastic post in the center of the key, you should notice a small fading of the color's intensity near the edge.

It's not that one of the keys doesn't light up. He's specifically referring to the bottom part of the keys. If you look at your NumPad for example, if you look at the Number 7, 9, 1 and 3. Where it also has text underneath the number. (Home, PGUP, etc.)

Well because of the fact there is a plastic post in the center of the key, you should notice a small fading of the color's intensity near the edge.

I don't have a numpad (k65 is tenkeyless) but I do notice a VERY SLIGHT difference in intensity, not nearly enough to cause me any sort of worry about it though. Of course it's nice to have the whole key lit up fully, but, at least for me, it's not all that worrying.

It's a physical limitation due to the placement of the LEDs in the top part of the switch.

luckly the fade is even across each key, or i would or returned it before it drove my ODC insane.

yea but lets be honest who actually looks the home, end,pgup and pg dn on the numpad.

For me it really bothered me with the number keys: (1!, 2@, 3#, etc.) and the symbol keys: (;:, '", [{, ]}, etc.)

Although knowing the limitation of the lighting at the bottom, the Numbers are on the lower part of the key. So you have brightly lit "!", and underneath a darker '1'. If anything having the numbers on top would have made more sense as to give them more prominence. As it's setup the secondary character was more visible than the main one.

The other keyboards get away with this by having a 'white print' on the bottom part of the key, so it's not actually RGB lit. Or aligning both characters atop the key.

My OCD was going insane, anyway translucent keys fixed it all for me. Let the sun shine through!

Not in this case no i went to buy them and a message popped up, they wont ship to anywhere in europe.

Wonder if their website will?

The company's website, the people who make those keycaps, ships anywhere in the world. They even offer shipping without a box, in a mailbag.

When I got mine, it went straight through customs didn't even get any fees. :D

Archived