Corsair Community

H115i blasting at full speed and not recognized by iCUE

PhilAlmighty

Hello,

Once I start my PC, the fans run at full blast and can't be configured on iCUE since the most recent update to v3.22.74. It isn't consistent, sometimes the program detects the fans after a few reboots and allows configuration. I've verified everything is plugged in, thinking maybe the cable became disconnected. I have attached a USB Deview, which shows it on the Corsair Hydro Series H115i not being detected or plugged in? I've read other posts with a similar situation, but no final resolution. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!

2023377031_USBDetect.thumb.png.166a194e53e67e107dd47fcf8790898a.png

I did unplug and replug it while it was running and windows popped up with a "USB device not recognized" error. I already did reinstall of iCUE. I also did a search on Corsair's site for any firmware, and all I find is iCUE listed for their cooling options. Where do I locate the firmware for this cooler?

I decided to uninstall the current iCUE version and install two previous versions of iCUE when my fans were working fine. No dice, they still don't get detected by iCUE. This is getting rather annoying hearing a jet by my ear with fans in max RPM, so I submitted a ticket to Corsair support. I am about to just get rid of this AIO cooling by Corsair and getting something else. The amount of reported issues on this subject is ridiculous.

• 4 weeks later...

I bump in on this thread cause this is exactly the reason I registered to this forum too. I also tried to update bios on my motheboard, reinstalled windows 10. No effect. My Corsair Hydro H115i are still going on high speed. Also uninstalled a lot of software for trying to detect the fans. Had this problem around a month now, my computer was also built by professionals and I

haven´t open the computer on almost 2 years until two days ago when I got tired of this problem.

Firmware update should be listed in iCue as long as the H115i is detected. If it is, you can force a firmware update, even if iCue claims your H115i has the latest version. Let it finish completely. Give your PC a restart and see how it behaves after that.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for reaching us and we apologize for the trouble. This could be an issue with the iCUE software. We recommend performing a clean install of iCUE. Please follow the steps below:

1. Open your computer's Control Panel.

Open the Programs and Features options.

Select Corsair Utility Engine in the list, and then select Uninstall.

2. Press Window Key + R to open the Run command.

Type %appdata% and press Enter.

Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.

3.Return to the Run window and type %localappdata%.

Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.

4. Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\.

Delete any Corsair folders in that folder.

5.Type Regedit in the Run window and then click OK.

Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine and delete the folder.

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine and delete the folder.

6. Restart your computer.

7. Download a new installer file for iCUE from Corsair.com and reinstall.

If you need assistance with these steps, please reach out to our support team.

Edited by RoeslerSWE
Making step list of the instructions.