Corsair Community

So confused about Commander Pro and Lighting Node

LeeandLee

Yeah, I don't know that I like that wrinkle in the game. Up to this point, the set-up has been Software interface device (Node Pro or Commander Pro) -> RGB Fan Lighting hub for LED power -> RGB Fans. Each Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro has 2 RGB channels.

The SP-PRO and QL now come with the Lighting Node Core. This is the RGB Fan Lighting Hub and the Lighting Node Pro rolled into one package. That sounds good (2 devices to 1), except that each only has 1 channel. It also has no bearing if you need the Commander Pro for fan motor control. There is no fan control on the Node Core. Each Node Core can take up to 6 fans. You need two Node Cores for your 9. However, my question is how those would then hook into a Commander Pro. Would it have to be through the USB ports? Would you need to dump the Node Pro so you can get a normal RGB Hub lighting connection into the RGB ports. I will try to get more detail for you. It's not a replacement for the current system. It's an alternate path that may or may not be beneficial depending on set-up.

The Node Core would be connected to a USB port - either on the motherboard or on the Commander Pro.

You can replace this with a Fan Hub that is connected to the Commander Pro. But you'd need to get one from Corsair (they are 9.99 + shipping and tax).

If you want to go down the Lighting Node Core, a CoPro is still a good investment, if only for the fan control and temp sensors. With QL fans, it'll also support a full complement of 6 QLs on each lighting channel - the LNP has limitations when using QL fans.

I have 6 QL's all together, not 9. And Im using 3 LL's as my rad for the h150i. What I dont get is there is only a couple of USB slots on my motherboard how am I supposed to hook everything up? Between these fans setups and the computer case set up and regular comptuer set up...

I jsut dont see why in 2020 they cant just make this a simple plug and play. Plug the fan in and use software to change colors etc. Instead of all these plugs and rerouting. Its insane and a real mess. Im leftg baffled and confused and frustrated. This was supposed to be such a enjoyable event for me like usual and its the absolute opposite. Even the cables I bought from Cablemod are missing the rightg cables even though i followed their website compatiblity and asked them directly if this is was the right one. Then after i get it they said oh we need to mail you out the right 24 pin..... live inCanada and its New Years so i wont get it for weeks. So i bought Corsair Premium cables but honestly, they jsut arent as good. The wires have heat wrapped resistors attached to them and they only give you 1 comb for the entire 24 pin so its a mess. For $150 CDN its not worth it and its going back as well. UGH sry for venting.

The 6 QL will go on one Lighting Node Core. That will connect to the Commander Pro via USB. There are two USB ports on the Commander Pro. One will be the Core. The other the H150i. Only the Commander Pro will connect to the Motherboard. 1 usb 2 internal.

The last 3 LL will need their own RGB lighting hub. That will then plug into the LED channel(s) on the Commander Pro, leaving you one extra LED channel if needed later. Technically, it is all plug and play. Just A LOT of plugging.

So UPS lost my 6 QL120 fans and NEwegg wont give me a refund until 5-8 business days of an investigation. Im so pissed off at Newegg and UPS for not issuing an immediate refund. I will never use NEwegg or UPS again. There are plenty of other places i will spend my money instead.