Corsair Community

H100i PRO RGB Fan speed different

Gab821

Hi guys, im currently having an issue with my H100i pro rgb. Since the first time i used my pc the cooling fan on my radiator doesnt turn at the same speed. No matter how i connect them in the splitter there's always one slower. As a matter of fact there's always one half slower than the other. :sigh!:

Does anyone ever had that issue?

Thanks for the help.

No, if you set them both to 1200 rpm, they should both be 1200 rpm - not 1200 and 600. However, I need real numbers to help. Otherwise I am just guessing at the cause.

A screen shot of the Performance tab open to your fan curve may help. Specify is you are testing this with fixed RPM, or PWM %, or this is happening on the normal curve.

OK, something is misbehaving and we need to try and sort a physical problem with the fan or splitter and a software issue. A few things to try:

1) Swap the two fans on pump splitter 1 <-> 2. Does the low speed fan now appear on #2 in iCUE? Or does "Fan 1" stay slow?

If the low speed travels with the fan over to #2, then it is probably a fan issue (motor or PWM wire). If it stays on #1, then it could be software or a problem on the pump splitter.

2) In the Performance Tab for the H100i, click the +. This will create a new "cooling mode" (I don't know the French language localization). This is your custom cooling curve and you now have a graph below the settings. Look over to the top right corner and there should be three "shape tools" that are a copy of the Quiet/Balanced/Extreme fan curves. Select the middle one (Balanced/équilibrée). Make sure you now click on both Fan 1 and Fan 2 to apply the new curve. They will highlight yellow when you do. I don't completely trust the default curves to behave and they occasionally glitch. This copy of the balanced curve also reveals the Fixed RPM and fixed % choices. You can further test control by selecting a specific RPM and checking if both fan follow orders. There is no software reason for both fans not to go to 1000 rpm when you set it. That would strongly suggest a physical problem.