Corsair Community

K95 profile Ripple loop help

SonofaMitch2

Okay so I just bought the K95 last night and I love it. But I'm trying to be creative and make some cool profiles. I'm currently trying to do a lightning storm with just basic blue rain and then just some solid white/blue/yellow flashes for lightning strikes. I have it set to a 20 second loop and the solid strikes work great. However, I'm trying to do one where I have a ripple split across the keyboard and then flash with a solid. The problem is that the ripples don't stay in time with their programmed loop.

For instance, I have it set to start the ripple at about 13 seconds and then the solid flash right after it. But the ripples end up moving to a completely different time at like 3 seconds or something. Anyone have any suggestions on how to keep them at their programmed time?

Thanks!!

One thing to be mindful of is during the creation process, the effect "clock" is starting the moment you create it. So as you randomly add effects, all of them are starting at different points. You can quickly bring them back into synchronization by changing to another profile, then switch right back to make clock time zero. You will need to do this frequently during creation to see if you have your timing down. All that said, this can be difficult, especially since different devices like keyboards and fans will have different numbers of LEDs and you have to really calculate the speeds in terms of LEDs/sec.

If you are looking for some ideas, check out Lewis Gerschwitz or Alex Kratzev's websites. Both have some storm profiles that you can deconstruct or use as a base to expand.