Corsair Community

icue software makes usb disconnect sound at startup

AliAbbbas88

Hi guys,

I bought a new corsair mouse the RGB wireless harpoon and I installed the icue software. Now everytime I open the software I get a usb disconnect sound but the only thing that is being affected is the mouse as my profiles do not load until the sound is made and my rbg and macro options then work. I have read on other posts regarding this that date ages back and no solution was provided, infact people just stated it's the user's system.

Just to test if it is my system, which it is not as its a brand new build and upon disconnecting the mouse and just running the software alone with nothing connected the sound still happens on startup, therfore this is not a system issue but infact a icue issue. I disabled do not start on start up and no sound occurs but when I manually open the software I get the sound, again nothing connected no devices just the software.

Please has anyone have a fix for this, as this is really annoying, I had so many alternative choices for mice at the same price point but I went for corsair and somewhat regretting the choice.

Just a FYI this seems to be a on going issue as I found another topic here that goes back YEARS and not one single solution was posted and there is post as early as last month in there.

I just built a new pc and using iQUE for the RGB fans and RAM and this is happening to me. Super annoying. Might return the fans and memory for another RGB brand if I can't find a solution.

It's annoying as hell, I have a red and black build even though I can rainbow the hell out of my system mobo, ram and case and have the entire pc with multi colour lights dancing about lighting up my enitire room like a christmas tree, I went for a red and black build and I choose a red marquee on my case and the mobo and ram and static red on my keyboard and mouse. Until the software (icue) does not run my mouse has a full RGB light show and its annoying and when i run the software bam the stupid usb disconnect sound. It is so annoying that if a fix is not found soon I will to return my mouse and go for the logitec one as that was so much better and only a 3 quid more.

The Harpoon Wireless RGB should have 3 onboard profile save slots. These are indicated in the iCUE software as Harpoon Wireless HW1, HW2, HW3. You can save lighting profiles and standard actions to the mouse. These will be in place when the software is not running, like at boot or if you quit. You can make it red on all the time.

Same thing with the RAM. Many users are going to want to disable software control from the settings to keep overhead down. Set your red-whatever pattern. That should operate with or without the software. It does not explain why whatever-device is dropped and reconnected, but it is a lighting and control solution most people use regardless.

I just wish I could control my memory from the Link program as there is zero issues with Link. This iQue software sucks. I literally just spent almost two hours trying to resolve this. I swapped USB headers, uninstalled usb device in device manager. Reinstalled different versions of iQUE and each time I removed all regedit settings for fresh install.

This is just a joke. The problem has been going on for years now and Corsair can't resolve it. I like Corsair products but stuff like this makes me wonder what is going on with their software support. I contacted support about this and they are trying to tell me to do things people are posting in this forum from 2018....