Corsair Community

In desperate need of help! Input Lag!

DangKeyboard

Hello everyone!

This is my last ditch effort to try and fix my K63 wireless keyboard. I am currently using this keyboard on my living room PC along with the lapboard.

My issue is random input lag issues.

Right now, I can type as fast as I want and the keyboard keeps up no problem then, randomly, the keyboard will lag so hard I have to let it sit for a few minutes before I can use it again.

I have contacted customer service and had the keyboard replaced two times so far. Each time I get a new one, it works great for months.

I have pretty much tied the issue to Icue. When I uninstall Icue and clear the registry files, it works flawlessly for a while. But I can't run without Icue as my AIO and headset are corsair. So, when I reinstall Icue the timer starts again.

Previously I was running an Ironclaw RGB wireless mouse too but it had the exact same issue and I never fixed it. So I tossed it for a Logitech G903 lightspeed. I have never had a single issue with the Logitech. (sorry if mentioning that is against the rules)

Does anyone have any ideas to try? Corsair support has never been any help other than RMAing hardware. I love this keyboard, no one else makes a lapboard that is this nice!

Icue and firmware on the keyboard are up to date as of a few moments ago,

Just reinstalled and cleared registry files.

Running Windows 10 Pro 2004, hardware as follows:

Asus ROG Strix z390e gaming mobo

Intel I9-9900k slightly over clocked

32gb Gskill RGB 3600 (4 8gb sticks bought as a kit)

Asus ROG Strix 2080Ti Overclock edition

Corsair H150I Pro AIO

Any suggestions would be extremely appreciated, this has been an ongoing issue for nearly a year.

Other little things I can remember trying are, swapping the receiver to different usb ports, disabling SDK on the keyboard, running the keyboard hardwired doesn't help...

Thank you in advanced! Sorry for the long-winded thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
Not sure if Technical Support already asked you this, but where is your dongle located? We recommend having the dongle in line of site with the keyboard for the best performance. In a living room scenario, the front USB ports are recommended. Also, do you have any other wireless devices such as routers close by?

Not sure if Technical Support already asked you this, but where is your dongle located? We recommend having the dongle in line of site with the keyboard for the best performance. In a living room scenario, the front USB ports are recommended. Also, do you have any other wireless devices such as routers close by?

Thanks for the reply!

I am running the dongle on the top and furthest forward USB 3.0 port on my case. (closest to my seated position) I have also tried the USB connections directly into the mobo in the I/O and there is no difference that I can tell. Router is in another room in the house but this computer is running a wireless internet connection.

So far, since I last reinstalled Icue everything is working well except Icue closing randomly while playing certain games.

BSG and Origin launchers seem to cause Icue to randomly close.