Corsair Community

Fans and temperature not working for Corsair Commander Pro

jjones370

Hey all, I have been trying to set up 3 fans with the commander pro. when I boot my PC the fans do not run. I think it possibly has to do with the temperature being stuck around 8 degree's C. I was hoping one of you smart people may know a fix for this. I have all of the temperature monitors installed, and even after that they remained at the same temperature.

snipping.thumb.png.6274036d726c424430c5001d56702b33.png

Right now you are not using the temperature probes as your control source. The "Quiet" fan mode runs from the CPU temp and not what you will want. The fans should never be at 0 rpm unless you deliberately set it to 0. Are the fans actually not running? Or they just read 0 rpm?

It's doubtful anything in the PC is anywhere near 8C. That would require a room temp in the 0-5C range. Are you running any other monitoring software like AIDA or HWiNFO? If so, quit that program and restart the PC. Garbage values like 8C usually mean something else is causing a conflict. Also make sure the sensor end is not directly touching metal, although the normal reaction would be very jumpy values, not locked at 8C.

I think the fans are running? I double checked to make sure that everything is plugged in right and still no dice. neither of the 2 monitoring things you listed were running. I did not deliberately set the fans to 0 RPM. here is another screenshot of some of the settings

1680956630_commandersettings.png.aad74b6a21199a9e5c62a0ef5aed9875.png

Something is interfering. Look at your 12/5/3.3 voltages in the Commander panel. They are jibberish. You PC doesn't run with 4.84v on the 12v rail.

HWiNFO can be a problem even if not running if you used the standard installed that leaves it's driver deployed. AIDA should not interfere unless it's running. Is there anything else you can think of that is also trying to monitor your Corsair hardware?

Not that I can think of. the only other thing that may be wrong is I am using 2 different types of fans. 2 are the LL120 fans and the other is a 3 pin corsair fan that came with the case. Also I do not have the RGB connected yet for the LL120's because I didn't know I needed an RGB hub. maybe that is causing the issue?

No, the fan type makes no difference and you can populate the Commander with 6 different fan types from 6 different manufacturers. This is a software problem and the values aren't real. 4.84v on the 12v rail is like your thermometer reading -179C for your room temp. It's not possible.

You can try a repair installation of iCUE. Go to Windows Settings -> Apps and left click on iCUE. Select Modify and follow the prompts. However, 99% of the time this happens there is another program attempting access the Commander at the same time as iCUE.