Corsair Community

Commander Pro, Lighting Node Core and QL140 fans - help needed

AireGuitar

Hoping someone can help me with setting up the Commander Pro (ComPro)

I've got 3 QL140 Fans that were initially linked up to the Lighting Node Core and everything worked fine.

Today I have put in the ComPro following the instructions:

Turn off power, Mount ComPro, Connect 4 pin fans 1-3, Connect thermal sensors 1-4, Connect compatible ICUE such as Lighting Node Pro (I'm using Lighting Node CORE i connected the USB to the Commander Pro and the SATA power), Connect USB to Motherboard, Connect Sata, updated ICUE.

is this all correct?

Result /Issues

All Fans have Power

All fans have no Colour/RGB

ICUE is showing ComPro & Lighting Node CORE

Sensors are working

in ICUE i have both the ComPro and Lighting Node CORE both showing up.

I'm not to sure how to set up the fans (if all of the above is correct)

Also I was under the impression the Commander Pro controlled Fan Speed, I cant find this any where as an option

Thanks for your time & support

Fan speed control will be in the Commander Pro device tab -> Performance. Click + to create a new custom curve. You can change the control sensor variable at the bottom and adjust the point. You will want to do this right away. In the meantime, the fans will all run from CPU temp and create a lot of fuss. The temp sensors for the Commander are the ideal control source, but they take time to learn the normal temperature range. GPU temp will work well for most in the short term.

Fan lighting will be in the Lighting Node Core device tab. First go to Lighting Set-up. Designate the QL fan type and the number of QL fans. This tells the software how many LEDs to program for effects. After that, go to the Lighting Channel and click the + to add a new effect. You can then change presets and options with the drop down menu.

**In order to selectively add or remove LEDs or groups of LEDs, CTRL + Left Click drag across the fan maps in the lighting tab. If you just left click, it will remove the active effect. You will do this unintentionally multiple times before getting the hang of it.

Hi thank you for the reply, I'm really not trying to be thick lol, but I'm really confused. and I hope you don't mind my questions:

Fan speed control - I open up Commander Pro tab I don't see Performance, I have Profiles, Graphing, Notifications, Lighting Setup & Lighting Channel 1.

If I select +Profile I get a box open down the bottom EDIT PROFILE, with 3 options Link Profile to Program, Custom Profile Pic * Background image.

I don't see any where to create a new custom curve.

RGB Lighting -

My fans are connected to the Commander Pro (as per instructions) I thought that the Commander Pro would control the RGB lighting as it has the options to do so.

Are you suggesting that the fans need to be connected to the Lighting Node? - i thought this was if I had more than 6 fans connected. Connecting the fans to the node does give me control of the RGB, but as said I thought this would be on the Commander Pro.

once again I do appreciate your support

Fan speed control - I open up Commander Pro tab I don't see Performance, I have Profiles, Graphing, Notifications, Lighting Setup & Lighting Channel 1.

It should be above graphing at the top of the list. The "profiles" act like a different kind of menu. Not normal for it to vanish. Are you using any other monitoring software at the same time like AIDA or HWiNFO? These can cause conflicts trying to read the same hardware at the same time. If not, go to your Windows Settings -> Apps list and left click on Corsair iCUE. Choose Modify and follow the prompts for a repair installation. This will not remove any profiles or data and sometimes cleans up weird UI glitches.

RGB Lighting -

My fans are connected to the Commander Pro (as per instructions) I thought that the Commander Pro would control the RGB lighting as it has the options to do so.

No, you are running the fans through the Core device. It is your lighting controller and fan current supply in one box. It then connects to the system via USB 2. It does not matter if you plug into the Commander's passthrough ports on straight to the motherboard. It is possible to run the lighting through the Commander's RGB channels, but you need an older RGB Lighting Hub to manage the fan current. There is no advantage to doing it throught the Commander. You would still need another little box about the same size as the Core with its own SATA power supply. The previous system was RGB Hub + Node Pro or Commander (2 pieces) and now the Core is the same thing in 1 box, but for fans only.

You can do a quick functionality check by selecting any of the "Instant Lighting" options up top. That should turn on all the lights immediately.