Corsair Community

H115i RGB Platinum Pump Bubbling Noise

muzziebuzz

Hi All,

I bought a new H115i RGB Platinum last week. Once installed it was clear there was a large anount of air stuck in the pump. When running on quiet profile in iCUE this was audible over all my case fans. The noise sounds like a constant ticking or crackling.

As other have suggested I took the cooler off and gave it a good tap and shake to try and dislodge any air pockets. This did not help.

I then returned the unit to amazon and they sent me a new one. Upon installing the new one it had exactly the same problem. Quiet mode and balanced mode profiles were extremely noisy with the pump turning silent when put in extreme mode.

Both myself and my father have owned over 6 AIO's from corsair and never experienced this level of noise from a pump.

Again as others have suggested this noise goes away when the case is layed flat.I am mounting the 280mm rad in the front of the case (275R) with the tubes at the top (higher than the pump).

Can anyone give me any confidence in buying a 3rd cooler? I suspect amazon wouldnt let me return a 3rd one. I was temped to buy the H115i Pro XT but I am pretty sure its the exact same CoolIT pump design and could have a similar problem.

Thanks in advance for any advice or thoughts!

• 1 month later...
I have the same issue. In intensive mode the sounds are barely noticeable but in balanced mode and especially in quiet mode the pump cracks and rattles very loudly. My radiator is also mounted in front of my case with tubes at the top.

me too here, H100i Pro XT ...

Quiet - grinding/rattles/cracking/clicking

Balance - lighter noise

Extreme - Quiet, no noise.

Radiator on top. I have been telling the Retailer i bought from that there's really something wrong with the pump, but keep saying it's normal. i really don't know what to do anymore...

Ideally, you'd want to put the radiator with tubes at the bottom, so the air is stuck in the end tank and doesn't go back to the pump (hard to do on 360 AIOs).. or install the radiator up top if possible.

AFAIK it's common to all AIOs. I installed a Kraken on a friend's rig (tubes on top) and, bubbly mess for like an hour or two at full speed. He later told me the noise dissapeared after a few days of use.

Remember these pumps are very low flow, so, Quiet mode may not be the best. Some people see high temperatures without particularely loading the CPU when going quiet on the pump.

Ideally, you'd want to put the radiator with tubes at the bottom, so the air is stuck in the end tank and doesn't go back to the pump (hard to do on 360 AIOs).. or install the radiator up top if possible.

AFAIK it's common to all AIOs. I installed a Kraken on a friend's rig (tubes on top) and, bubbly mess for like an hour or two at full speed. He later told me the noise dissapeared after a few days of use.

Remember these pumps are very low flow, so, Quiet mode may not be the best. Some people see high temperatures without particularely loading the CPU when going quiet on the pump.

I see.... i was shocked when i first installed it and start the pc up, a loud grinding noise during booting... as soon as the windows loaded into desktop (after login password ) , i quickly change to Balance, it did got quieter, but then when i change back to Quiet, it make the noise back. Putting on extreme does make the noise go away.

Later i remove the AIO and give it a very good shake in all imaginable directions and I think it's got quieter on Quiet and Balance now, not really sure....

My radiator is mounted on Top, and the hoses in in the direction of Front case fans if that got any thing to do with air inside the radiator/pump.