Corsair Community

Hello, community. I recently bought the best keyboard in the world, Corsair K70 I absolutely love it to bits but there was a catch.

I accidentally turned on 16.8 Million Colors mode in the settings tab on the Corsair Utility Engine...

That made my profiles and lightnings blink and make me wonder If the LEDs were getting malfunction.

So it took me 3 hours to figure out it was that setting which was causing it.

The 16.8 million colors feature is nice but I don't want to sacrifice the fluid transitions on a rainbow profile for the colors.

Also, if the Adminstrators or anyone from Staff could pin this as this most likely will come in handy when new costumers accidentally stumble upon this

issue.

Maybe push out a firmware update to fix the issue?

Instructions:

1; Open Corsair Utility Engine

2; Go to "Settings" tab located at the top of the navigation.

3; Now there are three tabs; DEVICE, PROGRAM and SUPPORT, go to "PROGRAM"

4; Make sure to uncheck this; Enable 16.8m color mode (requires FW 1.20 or higher)

5; Now you will see fluid and buttery smooth lightnings as they should!

IF however this didn't fix it your LEDs are most likely malfunctioning or dying out, contact your retailer to try to replace the keyboard, as I've never heard of such a thing.

If this helped you, make sure to say so in the comments below! :) And maybe give it a thumbs up! :)

This problem is known. Corsair will not apply a fix on it because the delay will be more then usuall and it will sacrifice the memory on the keyboard itself... Corsair know this problem and they will not "fix" it... So we have to life with it :/

I personally don't see a difference between 16,8m colors or without 16,8m colors. Maybe my eyes are broken :D

I fully agree, I can't see a differense, thus don't really care. They should fix it tho, if they tell us 16.8m colors are available then why wouldn't they care to make it fluid, as they state on the box and on their product site. :)

Yea... true.. It has 16,8m colors but its not working correctly then...

And that makes me sad to see such a good company like Corsair to go down that "lazy" path.

You obviously haven't been around for very long and don't know everything that's gone on! The brief history of the keyboards is that they were released with 512 colour mode because they had problems with 16.8m. They released the keyboards because so many of us wanted them, and we knew full well (thanks to several open letters from the CEO of Corsair) that we weren't getting 16.8m when we first bought them. They continued to work on 16.8m support while pushing out other fixes (like the keyboard freezing, slow boot times) and once they released it, they discovered a problem with the device controller. Due to this problem, there's not really anything they can do to give us full 16.8m support without any flickering.

It's nothing about being lazy.

I'm sorry, I should of done my research... I'm new aswell, just wanted to help other new members! :) Sorry if I did express myself in a way that might of offended you.

All I meant to say is that you shouldn't be so quick to attack them! They've done everything in their power to provide the best they can, and they might yet find a way to provide something that works better. :)

It does, these new ones such as me don't know where to look for the fix for these kinds of issues. I've Googled this issue lots and lots of times before I figured it out on my own so I figured to help those who might be facing the same issue as I faught.

Archived