Corsair Community

Does anyone know what is wrong?

GreenMetroid

I just bought a Corsair Void Pro headset for PC gaming. The jack to plug it in is a headphone/microphone jack, and not a USB. Here's what's happening, and I don't understand why:

When I plug the headset into my phone, the microphone and speakers are working perfectly.

When I plug it into my PC, only the headphones or the microphone can work at a time, and when I have it in the microphone slot, the speakers actually become the microphone, and the microphone doesn't work. So when I speak into the microphone, I hear muffled sound, but when I speak into the headphones, it acts as though it's the microphone.

How is this possible, and how do I get both the headset and the microphone to work at the same time like it works on my phone??

• Corsair Employee
I just bought a Corsair Void Pro headset for PC gaming. The jack to plug it in is a headphone/microphone jack, and not a USB. Here's what's happening, and I don't understand why:

When I plug the headset into my phone, the microphone and speakers are working perfectly.

When I plug it into my PC, only the headphones or the microphone can work at a time, and when I have it in the microphone slot, the speakers actually become the microphone, and the microphone doesn't work. So when I speak into the microphone, I hear muffled sound, but when I speak into the headphones, it acts as though it's the microphone.

How is this possible, and how do I get both the headset and the microphone to work at the same time like it works on my phone??

You are going to need a Y-splitter to take the 4-pole 3.5mm connection and turn it into separate 3-pole 3.5mm connectos for microphone and speakers.