Corsair Community

Corsair One Elite - add additional HDD/SSD

BigHappy

Hi All,

I have been looking on the forum and could not find the info I was looking for (though maybe I did not find the thread and it is out there).

I have a Corsair One Elite (with M.2 drive and HDD). As I understand there is therefore a empty 2.5" expansion drive space at the base of the case where an additional SSD could be installed. I understand adding a drive there would not void the warranty.

Has anyone done this? Can anyone confirm if a SATA data and power cable is already installed for such a use, or will I need to buy and install the cables to the motherboard? Anyone any guidance on how to do that?

Thanks very much for any advice. Keen to try adding more fast storage, though intimidated to the open the case...

OK, so kind of starting to answer my own question as I've been searching further on the forum.

Sounds like a SATA power cable will already be place, but I'll need a SATA data cable for sure (12" length likely). Sounds like the HDD I have is likely mounted in the mid bay, so the bottom bay should be free, and the drive mounts sideways with the cable connecting end facing the front of the unit. (Thanks to MadHatch's post for figuring this all out).

Assuming this is right, once I get the drive in there I then need to use Disk Management in Windows to set it up?

Thanks again for any advice?