Corsair Community

QL fans not working

Redshirt

Hello everyone, sorry if this has already been posted but I've been looking non stop for a couple of days. But I've been having issues with getting anything running on the RGB side of things of the QL fans. I've hooked them up according to Zotty's guide that is up, all fans flashed up started spinning for half a second then they all turn off suddenly and the PC won't boot, I haven't found any grounding issues or misconnections. I am running 9 QL120s into 2 lighting node cores that both go into a commander pro. Any help that you guys have will be greatly appreciated.

The PC does a hard shutdown? That's typical of a power issue. Your Seasonic Focus 850W has 25A on the 5v rail, which is as much as any of us have. However, check and see how many and what other things are all connected to the same SATA chain coming off the PSU. If you have both Cores + Commander with things on the two RGB channels + something else that uses the 5v rail like an HDD, that might be too much. Try putting the Cores devices on two different SATA line coming off the PSU to split the largest 5v draw.

Ok, I tried all 3 seperate and it attempts to boot and will ight up the ram but nothing else happens, but only powering the cores and taking out the commander pro will light up like 1-2 Leds on each of them but nothing else. Don't know if that helps any

In this instance, the Commander is only serving as the USB passthrough for the two Core devices. There isn't a direct interaction. The Commander will supply power and control for the fan motors, but that is 12v and may not factor directly. Additional strips or Hydro X on the C-Pro's 2 RGB channels would.

At this point, I would take both Core devices off the Commander USB ports and unplug their SATA connectors and see if you can boot. The fans will still spin, just no lights. This removes the 5v lighting current from the equation.

• Confused 1

Here are some shots of the rgb's, the nodes are being detected and the fans are selected properly. But none of the effects I try to apply in iCUE actually get implemented, they just stay looking like the attached images show.

IMG_20200619_083730.thumb.jpg.f93dee0892292ebe7b4daaae515cf0bc.jpg

IMG_20200619_083735.thumb.jpg.b570dc3d1a651d197df9e3bb714ec7ef.jpg